Like Tree18Likes

Lost my white iPhone 5 in a taxi

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Certainly you wont get in on GE.

Quote Originally Posted by RNYT:
    My iPhone fell out of my pocket in a taxi when I was being dropped home. The security tower noted down the license plate of the taxi as he entered and exited and we were able to track down the driver. He called us back and said that on his way out, he picked up a Philippina helper and heard the phone ring numerous times (I was calling my own phone in hopes that someone would pick up). I heard someone pick up and then cut me off. Since then it has been switched off. This helper was picked up at The Peak and dropped off at 19 Jubilee Street at about 3 pm on April 4th, 2013. I know this is a long shot, and who knows if the driver is telling the truth, however, I can only try and pass on this information in hopes of finding it.

If any of you have any leads or have seen a mysterious phone lying around, please reply. Thank you. The phone is precious as it contains videos and pictures of my baby which have not been backed up.

Thank you.
    If you had "find my iPhone" installed on your phone you could lock it, track it, and send it a "return to me display message" remotely. Soon to come with the ability to take the theif's picture and send it to you. All remote.
    Your phone is probably long gone but I hope for you.
    RNYT likes this.

Maybe it will help you. Last year my iphone was stolen in Bumps to Babes shop, I was crying because my baby photos and video were there. I didn't use icloud. But my hubby bougt me the new iphone, I logged in and.... everithing was there! I COULDN'T BELIEVE (ALL THESE PERSONAL INFORMATION AGREEMENTS DIDN'T WORK) BUT... I WAS SO HAPPY TO HAVE ALL THE PHOTOS BACK!

INXS, Skyhook and Mark Peter like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Alinka:
    Maybe it will help you. Last year my iphone was stolen in Bumps to Babes shop, I was crying because my baby photos and video were there. I didn't use icloud. But my hubby bougt me the new iphone, I logged in and.... everithing was there! I COULDN'T BELIEVE (ALL THESE PERSONAL INFORMATION AGREEMENTS DIDN'T WORK) BUT... I WAS SO HAPPY TO HAVE ALL THE PHOTOS BACK!
    That's disturbing and nice at the same time.

Fellow iPhone loser! I feel for you. If by now you have not called your phone service provider to terminate yr service and you can't locate yr phone through the Find iPhone app. It's gone. Unfortunately, Apple products are saught after. You can try making a police report. I had lost 2 iPhones, once on a minibus from Central to ESF Island school. Fortunately it was in the evening and no passengers on the return route and a Very Honest Minibus driver returned the phone when I called some 10 minutes later. A second time, the iPhone was lost inside a private club and the person who found it and kept it despite being filmed on CCTV. It took a police report and some persuasion... before the phone was returned. The person lost a job and pension over an iPhone!! Now my phone is kept in a pouch and hooked onto my bag!! I may not be so lucky a third time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Peter:
    If you had "find my iPhone" installed on your phone you could lock it, track it, and send it a "return to me display message" remotely. Soon to come with the ability to take the theif's picture and send it to you. All remote.
    Your phone is probably long gone but I hope for you.
    Thanks for the hope, but it has been 5 days and I'm pretty sure it's long gone I'm coming to terms with it. Yes, I had Find my iPhone installed however, doesn't do much good when the phone is turned off, which is what they thief did 10 minutes after I saw I had lost it!!!

did you try 'find my iphone' on icloud? it might help.

That's a lot of work for a mere taxi driver. It goes by the serial number of the phone, not just the SIM card. But yes, dishonesty is dishonesty...

aw that's sad... you must have it locked out.