Like Tree14Likes

Top 5 differences between an Australian and a Hong Kong Person

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thanks for sharing Beardan.

Beardan, just got back from the bank, and was thinking of your vid as my cashier was counting the notes.

Not sure about Oz, but there is a big difference in the way a Hongkie counts paper money and an American...

Could add that one into your video...

Also, not sure if you're a golf fan...but congrats on the Masters....Adam Scott is a class act forsure

Beardan likes this.

Ah yes my wife's feedback was: "Dried seaweed? I think you mean Chinese homework!"

Yes Closedcasket, big fan of the golf majors. Especially the US Masters. Australians have got close but finally Scott got over the line. It was a fantastic last day..!!

Haha justjoe86. Chinese homework is a bit notoriously longer than most others..!! The amount of after school activities kindergarten aged kids do in HK is also a bit out of control..!!

I was at MOS burger today and thought about this thread. The wrappers are triangular shaped so you can easily peel it back like a Sharwarma or Gyro. I didn't use it though. But I was the only one in there with sauce dripping down my face and hands. Now that I think about it... since HK establishments often only give you 1 napkin, it's probably wise to eat the burger with the wrapper so you can save your 1 napkin for the end. I ended up asking for more napkins though.

I also had a MOS burger earlier in the week. Their sauce drips everywhere! Gave the napkins a fair work out..!! Burgers are ok but not outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Beardan:
    I also had a MOS burger earlier in the week. Their sauce drips everywhere! Gave the napkins a fair work out..!! Burgers are ok but not outstanding.
    Good thing you didn't ask for extra beetroot.

I was thinking of this thread eating a breakfast muffin in Macca's last week. I certainly was using the paper to stop my hands getting dirty (except for the last mouthful when it gets impractical) and I'm sure i would eat burgers the same way (if I ate burgers, which I mainly don't). I'm Australian. It was the only one I though "hmm, not sure I agree with that" in your video. I thought you were going to show the locals eating them with a knife and fork, now THAT I have seen. And sandwiches eaten with a knife and fork (or chopsticks, for small ones).

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    I was thinking of this thread eating a breakfast muffin in Macca's last week. I certainly was using the paper to stop my hands getting dirty (except for the last mouthful when it gets impractical) and I'm sure i would eat burgers the same way (if I ate burgers, which I mainly don't). I'm Australian. It was the only one I though "hmm, not sure I agree with that" in your video. I thought you were going to show the locals eating them with a knife and fork, now THAT I have seen. And sandwiches eaten with a knife and fork (or chopsticks, for small ones).

It's not so much to keep your hands from getting dirty....it is to keep the germs from your hands from getting on the food.....

See it all the time in Hong Kong.

Quote Originally Posted by closedcasket:
    It's not so much to keep your hands from getting dirty....it is to keep the germs from your hands from getting on the food.....

See it all the time in Hong Kong.
    I said I do it to prevent my hands getting dirty. I didn't say anyone else did.