Blog ideas please

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Blog ideas please

I turn my back for a moment (contract in Dubai) and some of the old favourites such as Flagrant Harbour and Simon's World have shut up shop.

What are the happening HK blogs? Which ones can provide a laugh as well as stimulating reading? Or is that too much to ask of the local scene?

Cantopopped

I've been reading this fairly regularly lately. Seems to be a member on GeoExpat ... I think...

gweipo ??
    nwoT eikgnoH Hongkie Town
    ulaca
    the abnormull blog (definitely a Geoexpatter)

Cantopopped is one of those irritating blogs that requires registration before you can comment, which I ain't doing.

Cantopopped and Ulaca are excellent. The others a bit stream of consciousness for me. Keep the recommendations coming!

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Chopped Onions doesn't post as often as some, but he offers fascinating insights into the restaurant world in HK and elsewhere:

ChoppedOnions

Not too sure about ChoppedOnions .. spends too much time talking about who he worked for.

This one's a gem though...

Walnut recently questioned the industrys resistance at passing on to its customers the 40% tax cut in wine. The answer is simple, you dont deserve it. You dont deserve it because youre all a bunch of whining whinging bastards wholl never be happy even if you shat gold..

Nah not really but it felt wonderful to type!!

The reason is fairly complex but can be summed up like this, Most of the wine dealers didnt pass on the tax reduction as they simply bought better wine for the same money or they hadnt passed on the full wack of 80% tax in the first place, knowing that the mark up in your average restaurant would price an ordinary wine to an outlandishly high level and noone would buy it (thus reducing their sales) and relied on volume to make their money. The latter policy was easier to follow in light of the massive expansion of the F&B industry in the last 10 years (and if you think about it, the price of alcohol has remained fairly constant since 1995 when a beer was $49 and a glass of wine $65)

I dare say that if we get another tax cut, then yes, you will see some of it passed on but dont expect it all, the cost of operating a restaurant has increased by 30% in the last two years and that for sure isnt reflected in current prices.

My blog

Cecilia Gamst Berg's Blog

is quite funny.

China Droll

Pekkerhead: This one made me laugh.

Pretentious Wankers ? China Droll

Jeez .. with all these blogs sprouting up, will we ever get any work done?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast