Like Tree2Likes

Ring Resizing.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thumbs down The old guy with white hair?

Quote Originally Posted by Dankleness:
    My wife got her engagement ring re-sized at Ellis, seemed fine to her. And I had suggested her the place after reading reviews online here. Weird.
    Was it the same guy? If so, please double check that your stones haven't been swapped! I hope he didn't get all touchy feely with your wife either. Perhaps he only has a thing for Chinese chicks? Presuming your wife is not Chinese...anyway just wanted to let the ladies know about my horrible experience and to avoid this guy if they can unless of course they love being touched excessively on the hands and fingers and being lectured at.

See, I'm not the only one who thinks he's an ahole, a pervy; can't tell real from fake stones; loves to lecture ahole. Thanks for sharing. Hong Kong ladies should be warned of these kind of aholes who not only charge a great deal more but want to take advantage of the situation, i.e. when trying on the different ring sizes they get to touch you more than they really need to. It's not necessary to touch at all cos I went to the other place and there was no touching whatsoever and the job was done in minutes. No long lectures either about how accidents may happen and the whole ring could be destroyed either. I really didn't want to hear about how my mother's vintage ring could be destroyed forever. Doesn't he even use lasers?

My wife is Chinese. Stones are the same indeed. Pretty sure she went to the Wanchai location as well but not sure if she was dealing with this old pervy ahole guy. Guess not or I'm sure I would've heard about it given it was my recommendation in the first place.

I've used Wai Kee Jewellers in Prince's Building for such work. Known them for decades, always reliable. Ask for Anne.

re-size cost if below 200 is reasonable ... i just help my friend to re-size at 130 , originally price is 200 !!

Hi,

This is not a recommendation but a very sincere warning, I've just stumbled upon a place called Saturn Jewellery in Central which does offer re-sizing service. The old lady there I presume is the owner was a real horror! She doesn't take instructions well and pretends she doesn't understand me even though I speak perfect English. Snobby terrible/racist attitude, go anywhere but there.

TheBrit likes this.