Music giveaway

Closed Thread

Music giveaway

Hi, I am having a party for my friend with an 80's theme, and want to give the about 50 guests a souvenier cd compilation of his favorite tracks (think Rick Springfield, Blondie..). Is there anywhere I can do this and have the cd's printed up? Thanks!

I think that, if you wanted to do this, you'd probably need to do it in two steps:

1) get 50 custom CD-Rs printed (these would be regular blank CD-Rs with a custom label of your design).
    2) burn whatever music you want onto those CD-Rs yourself using iTunes or similar.

I doubt you'd be able to find a company willing to create the final product for you, as that would basically make them (and you) commercial music pirates ;D. One exception, though, would be something like mixandburn.com, but each custom CD there would cost around US$10-$15 depending on the number of songs you want on it. Your decision, adventurer.

Hi Anahan, thanks for the info, very useful. So, even for private use like for my friends where I am not selling the cd's/songs, I would need to get some kind of permission or licence?

Yep, otherwise it's copyright infringement. That's why I say you'd probably have a hard time getting a local company here to make copies for you (I could be wrong about that, though).

OK, thanks Anahan!