Like Tree5Likes

Blood test to prove Chinese descent?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Blood test to prove Chinese descent?

Hi all,

I am ethnically Chinese but do not have any documentation to substantiate this (long story). Was wondering, if anyone here tried to prove their Chinese ethnicity with a blood test and whether this was acceptable to the Director of Immigration.

DNA maybe, but didn't know Chinese blood was different from other races...

What do you hope to achieve from this?

Quote Originally Posted by malarky:
    Hi all,

I am ethnically Chinese but do not have any documentation to substantiate this (long story). Was wondering, if anyone here tried to prove their Chinese ethnicity with a blood test and whether this was acceptable to the Director of Immigration.
    Didn't a scientist in China try this, to "prove" that Chinese people were a different species to everyone else? Only to find that Chinese people are just the same?

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

I think ImmD prefer a paper trail.

I'm pretty sure you can show this sort of thing through DNA, have seen on TV so must be true.

Submit app
    Wait what docs Immi asks for
    Try to see what you can scramble together
    find a compromise
    DNA test to prove your relationship with your Chinese parent/s could be suggested by you or Immi.
    But this is only proof of relationship.
    Your parent/s status at the time of your birth also matters.

malarky likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    Submit app
    Wait what docs Immi asks for
    Try to see what you can scramble together
    find a compromise
    DNA test to prove your relationship with your Chinese parent/s could be suggested by you or Immi.
    But this is only proof of relationship.
    Your parent/s status at the time of your birth also matters.
    My Chinese ancestory stems from my grand parents who emmigrated from China in the 30s with no documentation whatsoever. To further complicate the matter, my parents and I were born oustide of China so we also do not have any legal documentation either.

Was curious to know if there were others in a similar situation and wondered if they were successful in proving their Chinese ancestory via other means.

Quote Originally Posted by malarky:
    My Chinese ancestory stems from my grand parents who emmigrated from China in the 30s with no documentation whatsoever. To further complicate the matter, my parents and I were born oustide of China so we also do not have any legal documentation either.

Was curious to know if there were others in a similar situation and wondered if they were successful in proving their Chinese ancestory via other means.
    Go to 23and me .com pay the few hundred US provide the saliva sample and about 2months later you will get your ancestry profile . Its based on the human genome project using single nucleotide polymorphisms . This is the most accurate method of determining biological racial profile .
    However as I am sure many geo expats will shortly tell you Chinese citizenship is not racial ie Alan zeman and mike rowse are Chinese citizens but not racially Chinese . Immigratio dept are never going to bother with what a dna test shows : and what if you have 2%indo Burmese in the mix ? What percent Chinese is Chinese :? But if you believe it will help you the test is extremely accurate .

Sent from my ST27i using GeoClicks mobile app

why and why

Sent from my GT-I9070 using GeoClicks mobile app

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast