Like Tree52Likes

Rubber Duck in HK

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    simple people jump to simple conclusions.

Well some people like to overcomplicate things.

Was hiking near the Peak today . . . In the grey mist everything looked drab except the cheery yellow duck across the harbour.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using GeoClicks mobile app

nlh1309 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Was hiking near the Peak today . . . In the grey mist everything looked drab except the cheery yellow duck across the harbour.

So how did you feel? Did you feel giddy and girly all inside and as excited as those queing up along the promenade down below?
    Were you overcome with excitement and overjoyed happiness seeing that cuteness in between the HK smog that you want to hug and kiss it?
    Did you take pictures with that ubiqutious "V" sign and posting to facebook and sending to whatsapps afterwards?

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:

Moving and her friends all pointing across the Peak..... From amongst the silhouette
    of a HK foggy skyline, a yellow object appears.

"What is it?"
    "Is it a Bird?"
    "Is it a plane?"
    "No it's an inflatable Rubber duck!"

Narrator.
    "It will make Hong Kong giddy with excitement.
    It will give locals something to argue about on a hot Sunday afternoon
    It will give the stimulate the dating scene with new backdrops
    It will generate cheap castoffs in shopping malls with stupid games involving rubber ducks
    It will provide pointless discussions on GeoExpat"
    Last edited by HKITperson; 26-05-2013 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HKITperson:
    So how did you feel? Did you feel giddy and girly all inside and as excited as those queing up along the promenade down below?
    Were you overcome with excitement and overjoyed happiness seeing that cuteness in between the HK smog that you want to hug and kiss it?
    Did you take pictures with that ubiqutious "V" sign and posting to facebook and sending to whatsapps afterwards?
    No but it made me smile. Isn't that enough? I don't see it as "art" and certainly wouldn't go down there and take photos, but I appreciate that it exists.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8