Hair and shoes

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Smile Hair and shoes

My wife and I have been in HK for 4 months, yet she's still trying to find a good hairdresser who can do decent blonde highlights/foils. As she has virtually taken to wearing a paper bag over her head to go outdoors, we think it's about time we asked for some help! While we're at it, does anyone know where she can buy size 10 (UK) shoes. Oh no, I've described a monster! She's actually really quite beautiful...

Hi John,

For shoes unfortunately there aren't that many options. I'm sure you've already been to M&S the other store is Lane Crawford in IFC. They also have an outlet in Horizon Plaza in Ap Lei Chau.

There are a lot of chic salons in HK I'm sure do a good job i.e Toni & Guy, The Firm, The HairDressers, Hip Fish, etc. I have a friend who swears by a little Salon on Wellington Street called Tommy's.

hair & shoes... i can sympathize

I go to Paul Gerrard salon in Central. Ask for the Director, Paul- he's awesome! Very reasonably priced, too.

As for shoes, I have the same problem... unfortunately, you may be stuck ordering online, as it's nearly impossible to find larger-sized womens shoes in HK. Try overstock.com, or bluefly.com. Even amazon.com has some great deals. All sites will deliver to HK.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the advice guys. My wife is happy to know that she can finally show her head in public again! We'll worry about her feet later on...

lol....having big feet is definitely a problem in hk. i wear a size 13 us...luckily, i brought several pairs with me when i got back here from new york. i lucked out and found a pair of size 13 wide rockports in pacific place....i was surprised as hell. she might well be able to find her size with a little footwork

just thought of an option that i neglected to mention. the mall in shenzhen that is on the other side of lo wu offers custom made shoes at very reasonable prices, and the quality is great! that's definitely an alternative i would consider...i'll probly get a pair of faux alligator loafers when i get back from this sojourn to mumbai...

Thanks for that! I'll relay those suggestions... Cheers!

Does anyone have the phone number for Hip Fish? Where is it located?

hair and shoes

I have been to Tommy's and my haircut was messed up. It cost only HKD 149 though. I went to Paul Gerrard and Paul (the director) did an awesome job of correcting the previous mess. He is very talented and very attentive to what the client wants and needs. It cost HKD 700. If your wife is interested in doing highlights as well, I would recommend Pauls.

hi John,

I reckon custom make shoes is the way to go, several shops around town make them (not sure which is the best chioce for ladies though) include 1st floor of Manderin hotel. many years of legwork and found very few shops that stock large mens shoes. As jay mentioned above occassionally one can be lucky.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast