research for film on hk's bdsm community

Closed Thread

research for film on hk's bdsm community

Dear Geoexpat Readers,

I'm part of a research team that is writing a screenplay set in HK's underground BDSM scene. We're looking to talk to a couple people actually involved in for research purposes only. Your identity will be kept confidential, we can meet and chat over coffee in a public place. We are simply wanting to talk about your experiences- no naughty stuff.

Please private message me if interested in participating.

Thanks for your help.

*All spams and sexual offers will be politely ignored.

The figurehead of the BDSM movement here is (or at least was until recently - maybe she retired after the court case) Brenda Scofield aka Mistress Decima (aka your favourite ESF English teacher). Have you tried contacting her? I'm sure she could put you in touch with lots of people.

http://www.timeout.com.hk/big-smog/f...-educator.html

Sorry to highjack the thread...

I'm rather surprised this happened in HK and there wasn't any uproars. What consenting adults do in their bedroom should definitely be kept out of the hands of government.

"the police eventually lost the case and everyone arrested was released without conviction." After a year long trial and that? Just absurd. Much more absurd than arresting people who run into the street to block traffic or guys who blow whistles into police officer's ears I believe.

"I am not in your community, but I want to wish you good luck because this is about freedom." - 100% agreed. If you don't even have freedom in a consenting adult relationship, forget the F about general elections and universal pension systems; that'd be like trying to fly to Mars before one can walk.