Like Tree391Likes

You think you're turning native when...

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 22 ... LastLast

Based on Tom007's comment....

You think you're turning native when...

...you cannot take a joke!

Last edited by Stoob; 23-05-2013 at 05:27 PM.
    INXS, d-28, closedcasket and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dermotp:
    You never poo in your own place, bring it to work and choke up the bathroom cubicles for the first 2 hours ever morning. Money saved!!
    Ok! I've been wanting to ask about this for a LONG time! I work in a place and share a bathroom exclusively with local people. Almost EVERY time I go into the bathroom there is a silent stall that stays occupied for ages on end. I think in my home country everyone would be certainly sure *not* to do their #2 business at work. So if there is any local people reading this -- do you do this? Do you really wait and save your pooing for at work?
    d-28 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Ok! I've been wanting to ask about this for a LONG time! I work in a place and share a bathroom exclusively with local people. Almost EVERY time I go into the bathroom there is a silent stall that stays occupied for ages on end. I think in my home country everyone would be certainly sure *not* to do their #2 business at work. So if there is any local people reading this -- do you do this? Do you really wait and save your pooing for at work?
    Oh there are loads of them in here, believe me, but they are hardly going to admit it. About as much chance as admitting that they are basically no different than mainlanders.

Maybe that stall is out of order though.

I work in MTR offices as a consultant, (many over the years) its the same thing in every one of them. Maybe it's an MTR tradition? Oh and forgot after lunch too, the old Fairwoods/Maxim's munch sets don't hang around long. Although that's understandable.
    d-28 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dermotp:

Maybe that stall is out of order though.
    No, it's not -- different stalls are occupied and in the morning many stalls are occupied long-term! But this phenomenon happens all times of the day. Ironically, now that I think of it, the "favorite" pooing stall (the one furthest to the back, next to the wall) DID go out of order for a few weeks. Guess it got clogged up.

There is definitely some truth to D-28's comment. A lot of people here have atrocious dental hygiene; it's simply not a concern to many HKers. Live here long enough and you'll see some really horrendous teeth.

d-28 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    There is definitely some truth to D-28's comment. A lot of people here have atrocious dental hygiene; it's simply not a concern to many HKers. Live here long enough and you'll see some really horrendous teeth.
    I am wondering if the public health system covers the twice a year teeth cleaning.
    if not, maybe that is the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by forgetmenot:
    I am wondering if the public health system covers the twice a year teeth cleaning.
    if not, maybe that is the reason.
    A local friend once asked me how I knew about getting my teeth taken care of. I told her that it was standard advice from pediatricians, PSAs, etc., as part of the sometimes overzealous dentistry in the US. She said her parents were never told that it was important, and even now I can't recall seeing a PSA on TV in HK related to dental health. Preventing viral gastroenteritis, yes. Tooth decay, no.
    jayinhongkong likes this.

Hong Kong people's teeth are not as bad as the British people

HKITperson, BCD and alfeno like this.

How about their eyesight?

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    No, it's not -- different stalls are occupied and in the morning many stalls are occupied long-term! But this phenomenon happens all times of the day. Ironically, now that I think of it, the "favorite" pooing stall (the one furthest to the back, next to the wall) DID go out of order for a few weeks. Guess it got clogged up.
    I never use the stall furthest back against wall because I figure that stall gets the most "action"....I always choose the second stall from the end thinking it probaly gets a bit less use and might be a bit cleaner.
    INXS and Elegiaque like this.

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 22 ... LastLast