Translating on a budget

Translating on a budget

I basically need to understand some China government regulations which of course are only written in Chinese on the website. I work for a small company with an HK office of one (me), and I don't read Chinese well so I'm in a bit of a bind. Has anyone found a good translating service which isn't ridiculously expensive?

Perhaps even an HK uni student trying to make some extra bucks would be helpful. Please let me know if anyone has some recommendations!

Thanks,
    -P

Quote Originally Posted by Petex:
    I basically need to understand some China government regulations which of course are only written in Chinese on the website. I work for a small company with an HK office of one (me), and I don't read Chinese well so I'm in a bit of a bind. Has anyone found a good translating service which isn't ridiculously expensive?

Perhaps even an HK uni student trying to make some extra bucks would be helpful. Please let me know if anyone has some recommendations!

Thanks,
    -P
    Please PM for details?
    It'd also be helpful if you could quote: what the text is about, the length, the deadline and how much is the extra buck?
    Thanks a lot.
    KK

Could you link to the actual regulations? They may have already been translated by an outlet you haven't yet checked.

Also, it'd give us an idea of what you'd be paying. Most people charge by either the page or the character.