Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Raccon
  • 1 Post By shri

zebra crossing

Closed Thread

zebra crossing

there is a zebra crossing with flashing yellow lights in my neighborhood.
    just wondering who has the right of the road in HK.

By law: the pedestrian

By implementation: the vehicle

Regulation: 31 Precedence for pedestrians

Every pedestrian on a zebra crossing shall have precedence while on it over any vehicle and, if a pedestrian is on the zebra crossing before the vehicle or any part of it has come on to or over the zebra crossing, the driver of the vehicle shall accord precedence to such pedestrian:
    Provided that in the case of a zebra crossing on which there is a pedestrian refuge or central reservation the parts of the zebra crossing which are situated on each side of the pedestrian refuge or central reservation shall each be treated as a separate zebra crossing.
    INXS and Zero Gravitas like this.

If a driver in HK sees you about to step onto the zebra crossing, he or she will speed up to beat you there...so be careful

should be same as in the UK. if you put one foot onto the crossing, the mother is all yours. I enjoy playing cat and mouse at these crossings, especially with the drivers d-28 describes above. As they come speeding in, the foot goes on and...screech. Got the finger from a taxi driver just the other day.

haterz got to hate...

Quote Originally Posted by shenwen:
    should be same as in the UK. if you put one foot onto the crossing, the mother is all yours. I enjoy playing cat and mouse at these crossings, especially with the drivers d-28 describes above. As they come speeding in, the foot goes on and...screech. Got the finger from a taxi driver just the other day.

haterz got to hate...
    Thanks for sharing.

shenwen - I would not play that game. I seriously see people just ignore the crossing and drive right through. The cops very frequenly target one of the crossings in our area and ticket dozens of drivers.

I stop and 9 times out of 10 in our area ( Cyberport, Pok Fu Lam, Wah Fu ) I get a friendly nod and a thank you from who ever is crossing the road. They're just happy that someone stopped .... or may be us Pok Fu Lam lot are just friendly.

Football16 likes this.