Since I think we have a number of lawyers or legal type people here I'm wondering if anyone can give (or point me in the direction of someone who can give) some advice on matters of wills, domicile & inheritance tax.

I'm a British Citizen and a HK PR. I haven't lived in the UK for over 10 years, have no assets there except for a few government bonds, and have no intention to live there again. I like to believe that I am domiciled in Hong Kong, but that is not tested.

My wife is a Filipino citizen, resident here as my dependant. She is clearly domiciled in The Philippines.

We need to get wills drawn up, and I want to take any steps that may be helpful in reducing or removing inheritance tax and income tax on future pensions.

We have property in Hong Kong and the Philippines, and financial investments in Hong Kong, the Philippines, the Isle of Man and the UK. Some of these are in my name, some in hers and some joint. I will also have UK-based pension schemes (guaranteed benefits plans) paying out from 60 and 65, and a reduced amount to my wife if I die first.

It is quite likely that we will go and live in some other country for a while at some point in the future, but probably not for a few years yet, and I see HK as my long term "home".

Can anyone recommend from their own experience a lawyer or other suitable professional who could advise me on:
- how to get my domicile recognised as Hong Kong not the UK
- the intricacies of HK vs Philippine law on matters of inheritance, tax, etc, and how best to draw up any necessary documents
- how to avoid paying UK tax on my UK pensions when they become payable (maybe by somehow extracting the pension fund to Hong Kong)
- issues relating to children (we each have one from previous relationships) and trusts and taxes.

Obviously I realise that this is not going to be free, but it would be helpful to have some idea of how fees for this type of service are calculated.

Thanks in advance for any help.