Like Tree20Likes

Dating in HK

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Pretty sure I write this same response in every topic like this.

I must be drinking in the wrong bars in lkf/soho

Finding a date won't be hard.

Finding someone to marry and have kids with is no easier here than anywhere else - though for different reasons.

Hi all

I must admit I wasn't sure if I would receive any responses to my original question so thanks to everyone for replying!

So it sounds like being a UK guy and finding a date with local girls in HK is possible. Although I'm not really a material person so is this going to be a major problem?

Also how well do the local girls speak English? Do they get humour, able to have proper conversations etc? (sorry for re-asking this but communication is key!)

Cheers!

p.s. are there any good dating websites in HK (with normal girls) I could have a look at?

Last edited by rossco103; 22-05-2013 at 09:23 AM.

Stop worrying. Dad just winked and gave you the keys to his 250 GT Spyder California...

Quote Originally Posted by rossco103:
    Hi all

I must admit I wasn't sure if I would receive any responses to my original question so thanks to everyone for replying!

So it sounds like being a UK guy and finding a date with local girls in HK is possible. Although I'm not really a material person so is this going to be a major problem?

Also how well do the local girls speak English? Do they get humour, able to have proper conversations etc? (sorry for re-asking this but communication is key!)

Cheers!

u dont need to be a material person at all and yes girls get humor and speak english.

There are different types of girls in HK like anywhere else in the world. Some are wife material, some are sluts, some are lesbian, some are.....

Sent from my GT-I9210 using GeoClicks mobile app

... some are even white, british female expats looking for husbands! (I believe there is a similar thread on here recently?)

My advice, forget the bars and spend time doing something you enjoy (I use hiking as an example). Then you meet locals who interact more naturally and you can take it from there without the high-pressure sales pitch of the LKF "meat market".

Language wise, some locals barely utter a word while others have been educated in English medium schools or overseas and speak English like a native. And everything in between. Some "get" overseas humour; others are completely baffled by it.

I have (had) a local friend who I thought was a friend but has now done enough things that I've decided she's not a friend anymore at all. But that happens everywhere. Similarly, I have other local friends who are lovely. And many acquaitances who don't really get me at all. None of this was different to UK or Australia or NZ (indeed, more people "get me" here than in NZ, but that says more about Kiwis than anything else!)

Quote Originally Posted by rossco103:
    Hi all

Cheers!

p.s. are there any good dating websites in HK (with normal girls) I could have a look at?
    A lot of local girls (and guys) were educated in the UK or other western countries so their SOH should not be an issue.

If you have a smart phone there are a couple of dating apps, i'll send you a pm with the details.

Quote Originally Posted by dtb:
    1) Foreign Passport
    2) High paid job
    3) An 1000 sq ft+ Apartment with 3 rooms and clubhouse
    4) A Bimmer/Merc/Lambo/Porsche etc, no Japanese/Korean please

You are a hotcake.
    ah well, 1 out of 4 ain't bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    u dont need to be a material person at all and yes girls get humor and speak english.

There are different types of girls in HK like anywhere else in the world. Some are wife material, some are sluts, some are lesbian, some are.....

Sent from my GT-I9210 using GeoClicks mobile app
    And some are all three.......

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Mat likes this.

I have no money and I still do OK.. Although the HK girls I have dated really break your balls about not being wealthy.