Like Tree24Likes

How to select a maid?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

How to select a maid?

so i am having a discussion with a guy at work. wondering if people can select domestic helpers by height, weight, and age etc. or do they just randomly assign you one? i know that some people can request special skills such as language abilities, but not sure how far you can go with requirements. just bored at work and wondering.

WTF? How do you interview any other employee - look at previous job experience, skills, education, fit in the work environment, etc. For a helper things like foods they are able to cook, childcare experience, ability or willingness to care for pets, etc. are common concerns. Who the hell is "they" who would randomly assign you a helper?

Selecting a helper isn't like walking into a brothel in Macau where some other person lines up the girls, pins numbers on them and parades them in a circle in front of you for you to point at and select!

what a ridiculous post.... i usually think there are no stupid questions... but i think i'm changing my mind after this one...

Your right ellie.

Though never thought you would've gone into a brothel in Macau. Just saying..

climber07 and INXS like this.

well, i didn't mean it in a bad way. i guess it does sound ridiculous in the original post, but some friends said that the agency provided maid because they understood mandarin for example.

As a guy I like my decisions to be simple and easy so I think elle's idea is quite plausible to me.

Sent from somewhere....

Quote Originally Posted by elliee:
    WTF? How do you interview any other employee - look at previous job experience, skills, education, fit in the work environment, etc. For a helper things like foods they are able to cook, childcare experience, ability or willingness to care for pets, etc. are common concerns. Who the hell is "they" who would randomly assign you a helper?
    A single guy may require a different portfolio of skills!

fyi, i have never hired a domestic helper, nor went to any massage parlor before. complete clueless in either case... seriously though, if you want to hire someone, say who knows mandarin, cooks spicy sichuan food, able to lift heavy stuff, clean, take care of kids. don't you have to specify all of that to the agency?

Quote Originally Posted by Grumbler:
    fyi, i have never hired a domestic helper, nor went to any massage parlor before. complete clueless in either case... seriously though, if you want to hire someone, say who knows mandarin, cooks spicy sichuan food, able to lift heavy stuff, clean, take care of kids. don't you have to specify all of that to the agency?
    Of course. And the you make a shortlist. And then you interview (in person or by phone etc). and then you check references. And then you decide.

And if all this is too complex for you, you are not ready for a maid.

Would they allow a single guy to hire a live in maid?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast