View Poll Results: Should the HK Government Legalise Cannabis?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

36 51.43%
  • No

25 35.71%
  • Yes. but with restrictions

11 15.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Like Tree178Likes

Cannabis Legalisation

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 ... LastLast

Reading difficulty...Maybe one of those who suffer consequences from drug use... Never once did I write I want drugs banned. I would love it if it didn't exist however I'll repeat it again, it's no more realistic than stupid people who think religion can disappear. Too many weak minded people that can't handle reality or have enough self esteem in themselves.

Tobacco and alcohol are heavily regulated by all governments. I simply hope and expect that cannabis would be treated like tobacco has started to be and that all efforts would be made to discourage usage and make it as uncool as possible. I would certainly not want it to be treated as glamorously as alcohol currently is... There's already far too many people that perpetuate the myth that these things must be present to have fun and that everyone is doing it.

I do think that decriminalization will spread in some form or another but I seriously doubt it will happen in HK anytime soon and thankfully, I'm pretty certain it'll never be like Amsterdam. If and when it does happen, keep it in people's home where it belongs and not out in public.

Last edited by Swannie; 30-05-2013 at 10:43 PM.

Has anyone got a corkscrew to hand?

Last edited by Gruntfuttock; 30-05-2013 at 10:45 PM.
    LegalizeHK likes this.

So you don't want drugs banned?

You just don't want weak people like olympic gold medalists and US presidents taking them.

LegalizeHK likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Swannie:
    Reading difficulty...Maybe one of those who suffer consequences from drug use... Never once did I write I want drugs banned. I would love it if it didn't exist however I'll repeat it again, it's no more realistic than stupid people who think religion can disappear. Too many weak minded people that can't handle reality or have enough self esteem in themselves.

Tobacco and alcohol are heavily regulated by all governments. I simply hope and expect that cannabis would be treated like tobacco has started to be and that all efforts would be made to discourage usage and make it as uncool as possible. I would certainly not want it to be treated as glamorously as alcohol currently is... There's already far too many people that perpetuate the myth that these things must be present to have fun and that everyone is doing it.

I do think that decriminalization will spread in some form or another but I seriously doubt it will happen in HK anytime soon and thankfully, I'm pretty certain it'll never be like Amsterdam. If and when it does happen, keep it in people's home where it belongs and not out in public.
    Oh yeah the Netherlands, where the levels of marijuana use are below the European average.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/11/05/idUSL5730185

That's my last contribution to this thread. I'm off to meet a few friends and escape reality.
    LegalizeHK likes this.

Ugghh. Throughout this thread Marijuana is routinely lumped into the category of "drugs" making little distinction between it and addictive and harmful substances like alcohol, cocaine and herion.

The only thing that worries/bothers me about Marijuana is the respiratory effects of smoke in my lungs (I am a distance runner). That being said, a few things to help with that.... the use of higher-potency cannabis (the good stuff), which can be smoked in smaller quantities.... the use waterpipes when possible and other smoke reduction technologies (vaporizers). or eating the marijuana instead of smoking it.

LegalizeHK likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by closedcasket:
    Ugghh. Throughout this thread Marijuana is routinely lumped into the category of "drugs" making little distinction between it and addictive and harmful substances like alcohol, cocaine and herion.
    You object to marijuana being lumped in with other drugs and then in the very same sentence put alcohol in the same category as heroin?!

The difference being that things like exercise, sex and chocolate have much fewer and less dangerous downsides and good benefits. That's why governments regulate drugs tightly and generally ignore the others. That's just plain common sense. But once again those with weaknesses try to justify their lack of will with simplistic comparisons.

I mean who in their right mind would equate taking drugs with going for a run or having sex with your partner. Pretty twisted thinking...

Having sex is a normal part of life and every animal is wired to do it. Taking drugs is a completely unnecessary behavior that millions of people don't need or want...
    You are simply being tediously judgmental. You want to save people's bodies; religious nutters want to save their souls. You're the same as them; you just have a different fetish.

(No, I don't use illegal drugs and never have, but I respect people who have intelligently made the decision to do so.)
    LegalizeHK likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    You object to marijuana being lumped in with other drugs and then in the very same sentence put alcohol in the same category as heroin?!

I do think alchohol and herion are both far worse than cannabis. Both can be so addictive that you need medical help to stop using them. Both can and do kill people by over-dosing.

Cannabis is a plant, it is not addictive, you can safely stop at any time and it is impossible to overdose.

So yes, I am making two categories...one being totally safe, natural and non-addictive and impossible to OD.

and the other being man-made, dangerous, addictive and can kill you if consume too much.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/20...n-heroin-crack

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/al...e-1165739.html

Because alcohol is legal...it doesn't get the attention or focus that it should. A drunk person assaults someone at a bar and it is just the boys being rowdy. A drunk man date rapes a women and many times it goes unreported. A drunk man neglects his children and no one hears about it.

People die from heart disease, cancers, cirrohsis and from drinking too much.
    Last edited by closedcasket; 31-05-2013 at 01:26 PM.
    LegalizeHK likes this.

It's also a lot easier to drink yourself to death in a night, and if you've ever seen someone going through alcohol withdrawal, it's extremely unpleasant. Still, the majority of us drink without abusing it, no?

Your assumption that people only want to use substances to 'escape reality' is about as logical as people who assume you're a bore and too scared to really live your life to the fullest because you don't use substances. It's entirely personal choice. Believe me, cannabis can make reality all too real due to its effects on your perception, and some of the world's greatest minds have made breakthroughs while puffing ganja.

Maybe you should pack a bowl and then you'd have a better understanding of why people like to get baked.
    Last edited by LegalizeHK; 31-05-2013 at 02:55 PM.

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 ... LastLast