View Poll Results: Should the HK Government Legalise Cannabis?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

36 51.43%
  • No

25 35.71%
  • Yes. but with restrictions

11 15.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Like Tree178Likes

Cannabis Legalisation

Closed Thread
Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by USA40-40:
    Hi Skyhook,
    sorry offtopic, very interested in ths shop you were at, was this a full machine shop?
    or the typical iron gate/steel door shops?
    I'd be interested in a percision machine shop, especially one that can do CNC.
    thanks!
    These guys have produced airport ( AOC ) bond storage caging, security grille sliding lockable gates, a mobile aircraft maintenance bay trolley with built in steps and a standing base.. Which was all built to a specific spec, which they achieved accurately. Everything fitted true, no need for a rubber mallet, or angle grinder to make things fit on site lol.

I wouldn't say that these guys are typical Charlie cheap shop shutter makers, as they aren't cheap, we spent $60,000HKD with them, but they achieved an accurately produced end product, without deviating from our controlled specification. The price was about the right amount for the quality that we received.

They definitely don't have a CNC machine as such, and to be honest, I have never seen one out here in the big lychee. I had a mate back in AUS who used to work for a subsidiary of BHP steel that had a CNC, turret punch, speed brake/press, roll forming machine etc and got him to have a few things made for me while he was on shift. When we were young men.....
    Last edited by Skyhook; 19-06-2013 at 06:13 PM.
    USA40-40 likes this.

OP should take this case to the public and try to make it onto TVB news.

I'd LOVE to hear what the conservative locals have to say!

Imagine how funny it would be seeing some gweilo trying to promote the legalization of cannabis on TV?

Actually, I think you'll find locals make up the larger proportion of cannabis users in this city today, and quite a few locals support legalization--they just aren't open about it. I'm surprised the city doesn't have an organized legalization movement yet and have considered starting one, but I think it would have more weight if run by locals since they'd be able to air their views in Cantonese.

Interestingly enough, many of the conservative locals you speak of have been drinking hemp seed milk for much of their lives...it's quite popular here.

Last edited by LegalizeHK; 19-06-2013 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swannie:
    I don't associate with drug users. Life's too short to spend it with people you dislike.
    Yet you say that your brother is a convict having been found guilty of an extremely serious crime whilst under the influence of drugs, but hell will freeze over before you accept an invite by CC for a drink?

How does this sit with your almost unbelievable moral code?

(P.S. I really do think you need psychiatric help.)

(P.P.S. I sincerely hope you never need root canal work.)
    Last edited by Cwbguy; 19-06-2013 at 06:44 PM. Reason: added a line.

Quote Originally Posted by LegalizeHK:
    Actually, I think you'll find locals make up the larger proportion of cannabis users in this city today, and quite a few locals support legalization--they just aren't open about it. I'm surprised the city doesn't have an organized legalization movement yet and have considered starting one, but I think it would have more weight if run by locals since they'd be able to air their views in Cantonese.

Interestingly enough, many of the conservative locals you speak of have been drinking hemp seed milk for much of their lives...it's quite popular here.
    I will start taking this "legalize" movement seriously when the locals are behind it. Not some foreigner.

Reminds me of a local friend of mine: her usual dealer sent round her order (home delivery, this is hk afterall), she was unimpressed with the strength so rang up the dealer and shouted at him for selling her low quality weed. He was very apologetic and immediately sent round some stronger stuff, free of charge.

LegalizeHK and scrambler like this.

Quote Originally Posted by solidops:
    I will start taking this "legalize" movement seriously when the locals are behind it. Not some foreigner.
    That's exactly what I was getting at...not sure if you have reading difficulty or are just extremely immature for your age. Maybe a bit of both?

Quote Originally Posted by Cwbguy:
    Yet you say that your brother is a convict having been found guilty of an extremely serious crime whilst under the influence of drugs, but hell will freeze over before you accept an invite by CC for a drink?

How does this sit with your almost unbelievable moral code?

(P.S. I really do think you need psychiatric help.)

(P.P.S. I sincerely hope you never need root canal work.)
    Haven't talked to the brother in question for about 30 years. Hell will freeze over before I associate with the likes of him or you or cc. There are plenty of people that enjoy life without having to resort to drugs whether legal or illegal. No need to put up with idiots...

Having people like you saying I need psychiatric help is the kind of thing that keeps me sane and happy
    LegalizeHK likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by solidops:
    Hi Solidops
    without saying too much on a public forum, I can tell you for a fact that my friend, sources through locals. And has a number of local friends that also aficionados.
    I think many aquired the taste while living/studying in Canada.

fyi: saw a documentary on the subject on Discovery channel 2 years ago and was suprised to learn that the marijuana plant actually originates from China
    LegalizeHK likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast