View Poll Results: Should the HK Government Legalise Cannabis?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

36 51.43%
  • No

25 35.71%
  • Yes. but with restrictions

11 15.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Like Tree178Likes

Cannabis Legalisation

Closed Thread
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 21 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

OK my local friend, we'll just have to wait and see won't we? It looks like relaxation of cannabis laws in the mainland, at least for big business, is a very real possibility too--China is trying to cash in, big time!

The Chinese were the first to use cannabis for medicine and have really never stopped.

Last edited by LegalizeHK; 06-01-2014 at 02:23 PM.

My guess is that Hong Kong will do what it always does, try to keep everyone happy. They may not decriminalize it soon, but they just won't enforce the rules.

Who really gives a rip what the laws are, it's what is enforced that matters. Conservative ol' Hong Kong doesn't seem to care that there is basically a brothel on every street corner, and deep down Hong Kongers don't care if someone is smoking joint as long as they aren't pushing it on the kids.

Last edited by closedcasket; 06-01-2014 at 02:26 PM.
    LegalizeHK likes this.

That sounds about right CC. The penalties for simple possession of cannabis have gone way, way down. I recently read about a Canadian guy who flew into HK with a personal stash and got busted--HK$500 later he was on his way.

Quote Originally Posted by closedcasket:
    My guess is that Hong Kong will do what it always does, try to keep everyone happy. They may not decriminalize it soon, but they just won't enforce the rules.

Who really gives a rip what the laws are, it's what is enforced that matters. Conservative ol' Hong Kong doesn't seem to care that there is basically a brothel on every street corner, and deep down Hong Kongers don't care if someone is smoking joint as long as they aren't pushing it on the kids.
    And I wholeheartedly agree with that approach...Keep the crap off the street and behind closed doors where people of same mind can associate and do what they want without bothering others

Quote Originally Posted by LegalizeHK:
    That sounds about right CC. The penalties for simple possession of cannabis have gone way, way down. I recently read about a Canadian guy who flew into HK with a personal stash and got busted--HK$500 later he was on his way.
    Unless you are some big time, large quantity dealer, you have nothing to worry about in Hong Kong in regards to cannabis. Hong Kong's police are very pragmatic. One of the most over looked and under appreciated benefits of living in Hong Kong.
    LegalizeHK likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by closedcasket:
    Unless you are some big time, large quantity dealer, you have nothing to worry about in Hong Kong in regards to cannabis. Hong Kong's police are very pragmatic. One of the most over looked and under appreciated benefits of living in Hong Kong.
    Yet you whine about it constantly when it doesn't suit you... HK tolerates noise, HK tolerates maid abuse, HK tolerates pollution, HK tolerates people walking with their phones in their face

Quote Originally Posted by Swannie:
    And I wholeheartedly agree with that approach...Keep the crap off the street and behind closed doors where people of same mind can associate and do what they want without bothering others
    Eh, I say treat it no differently than Alcohol. After all it is far less addictive and destructive of a substance.
    LegalizeHK and JSunnin like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Swannie:
    Yet you whine about it constantly when it doesn't suit you... HK tolerates noise, HK tolerates maid abuse, HK tolerates pollution, HK tolerates people walking with their phones in their face
    I just call things as I see them. A lot here that bothers me, but a lot that is good. Overall I think quality of life is better back home, but money is better for me here. I try to be objective.
    LegalizeHK likes this.

A few years ago I ran into a local guy openly smoking a spliff on a busy road on Hong Kong Island--I couldn't help but stare and grin. Young locals and mainlanders are using the stuff recreationally, and it's slowly and surely becoming part of the youth culture.

Quote Originally Posted by LegalizeHK:
    A few years ago I ran into a local guy openly smoking a spliff on a busy road on Hong Kong Island--I couldn't help but stare and grin. Young locals and mainlanders are using the stuff recreationally, and it's slowly and surely becoming part of the youth culture.
    Out where I live, all sorts of people smoke it. Hong Kong is the perfect place for cannabis. Locals don't really drink much, but a few puffs here and there can help in dealing with the stress that comes with this city. Perfect way to unwind from a day in the city.
    miftakiller likes this.