View Poll Results: Should the HK Government Legalise Cannabis?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

36 51.43%
  • No

25 35.71%
  • Yes. but with restrictions

11 15.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Like Tree178Likes

Cannabis Legalisation

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LegalizeHK:
    Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Those with anxiety disorders, bipolar disorder and depression tend to be more likely to be cannabis users, but that may be because they are more predisposed to drug use anyway and may in fact be treating themselves without knowing it.

http://www.ibtimes.com/ron-paul-supp...bstance-397606
    I know there are questions about direction of causality but some studies have shown that it does indeed look causal in the direction of cannabis use to schizophrenia, in certain cases. Of course this is far from conclusive so your reservations are warranted - but without a firm conclusion that it is NOT causal I would argue that legalisation could be a bad idea.

I'll dig up some of the relevant studies when I can.
    LegalizeHK likes this.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Ever toked on one like this, Claire? Americans don't put tobacco in their joints btw.
    They don't use resin?

I've seen quite a few, and know hundreds of pot smokers who assuredly aren't schizophrenic. I don't know a single person who uses pot alone who is schizophrenic. Smoke a lot of good weed and you might well hear and see things though!

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    CC, are you proposing an alcohol ban?
    No..I'm not. I'm for legalization of marijuana.
    LegalizeHK likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    They don't use resin?
    Imported hash is far less common in the US, and even when it is available, it's smoked in pipes or mixed with weed. I don't know if you've ever heard of Ice-O-Lator or bubble hash, but one toke of that is equivalent to a spliff of import hash. Two tokes and it's nap time. So I hear anyway.

http://www.amsterdamlogue.com/ice-o-...shops-faq.html
    Last edited by LegalizeHK; 29-05-2013 at 05:06 PM.

Ever toked on one like this, Claire? Americans don't put tobacco in their joints btw.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...eball-bat.html
    This American does....I would roll a j using tobacco (cigar).. some call them "blunts"...,very good...
    LegalizeHK likes this.

Yup, that's the exception to the rule..Americans often put their tobacco on the outside of their weed rather than on the inside. What kind of cigars do you like cc?

Yup, that's the exception to the rule..Americans often put their tobacco on the outside of their weed rather than on the inside. What kind of cigars do you like cc?
    I'm not a cigar smoker...but I will use them to roll a blunt, usually for outdoor concerts and that sort of thing...I usually just bought Phillies.
    LegalizeHK likes this.

If I smoked blunts I'd probably be partial to vanilla Dutch Masters. Phillies and regular Dutches were the most common in my teens.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by closedcasket:
    No..I'm not. I'm for legalization of marijuana.
    On a forum far, far away, one poster blasted another for using the word 'marijuana' cos "it's racist". Let's keep it clean, people.

* The facepalm is for the other forum/pissed-off poster.

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast