View Poll Results: Should the HK Government Legalise Cannabis?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

36 51.43%
  • No

25 35.71%
  • Yes. but with restrictions

11 15.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Like Tree178Likes

Cannabis Legalisation

Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast

And btw.....Legalization of Marijuana is not a matter of "if" it is a matter of "when" in the United States.

17 states have enacted some version of medical marijuana use

Last November the states of Colorado and Washington passed ballot measures to legalize recreational use

President Obama said in a December that his administration does not consider targeting folks who "toke" in states where weed is legal to be a “top priority.” And public opinion has come full circle, as all the recent legislation has been accompanied by a steady rise in acceptance of marijuana use, culminating last week in a Pew Research Center poll that found that a majority of Americans support legalizing weed for the first time since the center began polling on the issue in 1969.

LegalizeHK likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwbguy:
    You could just as easily argue that one for cigarettes, one of the most addictive products available in the world, alcohol and religion..
    Coffee, alcohol, tobacco... and sure you can slap in religion too. I have no need nor sympathy for users of any of those things.

So many people seem to think that they need these things to have fun and will call those who disagree boring. Pathetic in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Swannie:
    Coffee, alcohol, tobacco... and sure you can slap in religion too. I have no need nor sympathy for users of any of those things.

So many people seem to think that they need these things to have fun and will call those who disagree boring. Pathetic in my opinion.

Alcohol, tobacco and to a lesser extent caffeine start out as "fun" but can turn into an addiction. People don't need these things to have fun, they need these things to avoid a physical withdrawal. What they perceive as pleasure inducing, is actually just curbing a withdrawal since their last use.

Pathetic, maybe...but it is extremely difficult to quit alcohol and tobacco once you are an addict.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts:
    How about getting killed by a high driver?
    Getting killed is usually considered as 'not so good' in any circumstances, this includes high drivers. There aren't so many around though compared to drunk drivers. And even drunk drivers are just a small percentage compare to drivers that have accidents while using a mobile phone (hands-free does NOT decrease the accident risk!).

But what's your point? HK has already DUI laws. So that area is already covered.
    LegalizeHK likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Swannie:

I don't need them to have fun (although they ARE fun), and I think individuals should have the right to choose what they do with their lives as long as they aren't harming anyone else.

Ironically the US, which originally pushed for cannabis to be banned and destroyed around the globe, is currently moving quickly toward de facto legalization. Hopefully other countries follow its lead, but it may take a while.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

It has to be said... it's HEROIN, not 'heroine'.

LegalizeHK likes this.

Just noticed this in the classifieds:

http://hongkong.geoexpat.com/classif...roduct/707442/

I'd avoid using brass and stainless screens with it though. The heat will vaporise the metal! Glass pipes work just fine without the screens. Just keep them clean.

I'm not a smoker myself but I think its ridiculous to ban pot or any drugs for that matter. People will still buy it no matter what and the money goes to criminals. Would be nice to see a few coffee shops open along the harbour front!

LegalizeHK and closedcasket like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    It has to be said... it's HEROIN, not 'heroine'.
    Interestingly you can get 'poor mans heroin' = methadone from a number of official gov run places in HK.

Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast