Like Tree19Likes

Warm day today eh?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Why the wuck would they have the brit lions doing one match in hk in summer is just beyond me. it's a winter sport not sure if hsbc understands but prob' they don't give a toss. heard they kicked out some of supporters who aren't hsbc "affiliated" - anal bureaucratic snobbish douches.

I've been showing some friends around for the last few days and although bl@@dy hot the view has been great and haze free. Great views from the peak.

reprazent likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    Do they mix with water?
    Yes - the instructions say with 250ml, but I find one in 500ml is a bit more palatable.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxygen:
    I've been showing some friends around for the last few days and although bl@@dy hot the view has been great and haze free. Great views from the peak.
    they are lucky to catch some clear skies in hk, i need to dust my camera gear off and go out too.

Quote Originally Posted by INXS:
    Might drag the boat out on Sunday!
    Best to get the wife and kids to do that for you.....

Sent from somewhere....

Quote Originally Posted by INXS:
    Some of my colleagues were still wearing, admittedly thin, jackets today....

You think you're turning native when....you wear pants, a long sleeve shirt and a jacket when its 35+ degrees out.....

I can't believe the way some people dress in this heat...I would die if I wore what some of them do...
    Watercooler likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by closedcasket:
    You think you're turning native when....you wear pants, a long sleeve shirt and a jacket when its 35+ degrees out.....

I can't believe the way some people dress in this heat...I would die if I wore what some of them do...
    I saw a couple wearing beanies the other day. We're in a subtropical climate and they've got beanies on!

Aren't you supposed to be packing for Hawaii?

Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    Watch out for signs of heat stroke when the going gets tough. Now that reminds me, you know those replenishment drinks, which is the best available drink brand in HK?
    Mineral water works. But if, by replenishment drinks you are referring to the likes of Pocari Sweat, that works well too.

Personally, I'm taking a litre tetrapak of coconut water (Koh Coconut) along with the 2 or so litres of ice-cold water.

I should probably take Gruntfuttock's advice. Know of the rehydration salts. What are they called in Cantonese?
    Last edited by Dreadnought; 01-06-2013 at 09:03 AM.
    Watercooler likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought:
    Mineral water works. But if, by replenishment drinks you are referring to the likes of Pocari Sweat, that works well too.

Personally, I'm taking a litre tetrapak of coconut water (Koh Coconut) along with the 2 or so litres of ice-cold water.

I should probably take Gruntfuttock's advice. Know of the rehydration salts. What are they called in Cantonese?
    So how did your hike go?

Lovely day for a nice 30K run on the hills... Not even 70% humidity and only few degrees over 30C and a fresh breeze. I'll take a whole summer of days like this

Dreadnought likes this.