Like Tree19Likes

Warm day today eh?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Warm day today eh?

You probably didn't notice it in your air conditioned office, but today was a pretty warm day (in fact the HKO issued a heat warning). But I sure did when I was out for lunch. It was 35 degrees earlier today (95 degree fahrenheit to you Americans, although if you add in the humidity it probably felt closer to 100), and 37 degrees on that avenue I was buying lunch from. Interesting eh?In a month where we had record cold for the month, now we have a pretty hot day. Weather, don't you find it fascinating?

(cue the braggers who say this is nothing: "back home in timbuktu, it would be 45 degrees during the day and 5 degrees at night...yeah but HK ain't a desert ).

Last edited by Watercooler; 31-05-2013 at 05:12 PM.

Some of my colleagues were still wearing, admittedly thin, jackets today....

Its supposed to be warmer tomorrow, going to have to sweat it out in the stadium with jars of cold beers for the Lions Game.

virago and Watercooler like this.

This is nothing!!! I tell you this is nothing!!!!!!!!!
    Back home it's 45 degrees, and no back home is not desert...

wtbhotia, Watercooler and INXS like this.

Having second thoughts about the hike tomorrow.

Beer sounds like a good option instead

Sent from somewhere....

Watercooler likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    Its supposed to be warmer tomorrow, going to have to sweat it out in the stadium with jars of cold beers for the Lions Game.

I read in the SCMP that the heat was "too much" for them...right.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Some say it's not the heat, it's the humidity. I say, what the fuck do they know? It's fucking both!!!

Or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    Having second thoughts about the hike tomorrow.

Beer sounds like a good option instead

Sent from somewhere....
    Or you can take a dip in the sea for a swim. Was out to Sai Kung the other day and I did notice the sea was clearer than before. Maybe this trawling ban is working.

Speaking of which, despite the heat, I did notice today is beautiful day. Crystal clear with few clouds in the sky. Since we often complain about air pollution, today is a day to admire how Hong Kong can look without the pollution. That's the thing that compensate for the humidity, clear weather. In summer, the wind often blows from the southwest or south, bringing clearer (but pretty darn warm) air.
    Last edited by Watercooler; 31-05-2013 at 05:38 PM.
    virago likes this.

some of the Barbarians were out on a junk boat yesterday with a mate of mine, they sure were enjoying themselves lucky buggers, while were where stuck in the office.

Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    I read in the SCMP that the heat was "too much" for them...right.
    Wow loosing up to 4 kilos in one session, I must go out and run around and try to loose some of my beer belly.

Panting British “Lions’’ sick before HK game, two water breaks and plenty of ice packs ready
    (2 hrs 33 mins ago)

The British and Irish Lions game against the Barbarians in Hong Kong tomorrow will include two water breaks per half due to the prevailing heat and humidity.
    The opening encounter of the 2013 tour to Australia will be played in forecast temperatures of 33 degrees Celsius with humidity levels reaching 90 percent despite starting at 7.30 pm local time, AP reports.
    There will breaks at the 15 and 30-minute mark of both halves for rehydration and application of ice packs.
    Soon after arriving in Hong Kong earlier in the week, attack coach Rob Howley had brushed aside calls for water breaks in each half, saying “we want to be put under stress and see how we cope with it.''
    But after a first training session in which players lost up to four kilograms, a more pragmatic approach was adopted. Prop Adam Jones said the heat in that first session made him feel ill and was “a shock to the system.''
    Months of anticipation will end when Irish lock Paul O'Connell leads the Lions out in the tour opener. He will be at the helm of a starting lineup which includes nine Welshmen, but missing tour captain Sam Warburton who has been rested due to a slight knee ligament problem picked up in training.
    The Lions have not won a series since 1997 and the coach was eager to use the Barbarians game to send a message of intent to Australia.
    “We want to be positive about the way we play. We want to go and show the Australian public we are capable of moving the ball and scoring lots of points,'' head coach Warren Gatland had said
    It is only the second time that the Lions and Barbarians have clashed. The previous encounter in 1977 saw the Lions win 23-14.
    The Barbarians will be led by Italian powerhouse No.8 Sergio Parisse and will possess a lethal backline including former All Blacks winger Joe Rokocoko and flyhalf Nick Evans who will team up with french scrumhalf Dimitry Yachvili.
    While Gatland was eager to play expansive rugby, Farrell said the team had considable tactical flexibility.
    “This side can play different styles, we can play a wide and expansive game, or play big with powerful contact, or can keep it tight. Whichever way we go, the key will be to adapt to the situation in front of you,'' said Farrell.
    “And we will got our first opportunity to test our systems against the Barbarians, and the tougher it is out there, the better. This first game is going to be important.''

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast