Microsoft AntiSpyware

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Does anyone have any problems with the Microsoft spyware?

Quote Originally Posted by shwetapershad:
    I feel Spybot dosen't take care of all the stuff. What do you say KIA?
    No anti sypware is going to get rid of everything hence why most users run a couple of different versions, Same goes with Antiv-Virus too.

What has it not taken care of?

Generally not found anything that Search and Destroy cannot handle... unless it is VERY new ...

I thought Microsoft Antispy ware is rubbish. Totally useless and ineffective.

The one bundled with Zone Alarm isnt bad. Adware good. Search and destroy the best tho.

What about Aurora?

I downloaded a couple of these last night and they found & destroyed a few nasty bugs on my PC... but the worst one of all is the Aurora "better internet' thing that never seems to go away. I've seen posts elsewhere that give a long, complicated explanation on how to get rid of it, but don't want to go through them because (1) I'm not that competent and (2) I don't want to spend hours getting rid of something that could come back in two minutes.

Anyone have any experience with programmes that actually get rid of this one - for good?

in an underground bunker at an undisclosed location

That still doesn't beat the most effective one of them all...Ad-aware...IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by saltwater:
    I downloaded a couple of these last night and they found & destroyed a few nasty bugs on my PC... but the worst one of all is the Aurora "better internet' thing that never seems to go away. I've seen posts elsewhere that give a long, complicated explanation on how to get rid of it, but don't want to go through them because (1) I'm not that competent and (2) I don't want to spend hours getting rid of something that could come back in two minutes.

Anyone have any experience with programmes that actually get rid of this one - for good?
    Goto the following and see "Response Number 3".
    http://www.computing.net/windowsxp/w...um/132409.html

Max : actually does .. there have been instances where Adaware has removed some malware / adware programs from their list -- because of "strategic reasons" ...

KIA, I recently ran Spybot and Ad-ware, consecutively. Though Spybot took care most of the nasty stuff, some things were taken care of by Ad-ware. I feel this is good combination!

Sorry, am not able to list what Ad-ware took care of....

I have a problem with spies and viruses. My computer seems OK except with the weather, when its around 20 C or above the computer hangs, because of overheating of the CPU, over 55 C, but my husband blames it on viruses. Yesterday he told me there've been strange things happening on his office computer in the past 2 months (we use the same line and modem). He has always needed a password to access to his computer but recently sometimes he doesn't. There are lots of pop-up windows on his computer at times. He's afraid of spies who may download things from his computer. Sometimes I keep my line connected for a long time and leave the computer idle. I joined a forum 2 months ago and it was my suspect, could be one of the many moderators on that forum. What do you think?

Btw, I already have Spybot and Antivirus.

Last edited by Valencia1; 05-03-2006 at 09:05 AM.