Like Tree2Likes

any english speaking cleaning service?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

any english speaking cleaning service?

need to hire someone to clean the apartment before we move in. anyone has a suggestion, like a phone number that i can call? if they do a good job, may consider regular cleaning once a couple of weeks. thanks.

Grumbler likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    thanks a bunch. i will use them from now. good presentation on the website.

Whilst the company reps may speak English, reports here have been consitently that the maids don't, which may or may not be a problem for you for ongoing cleaning...

any locksmith numbers that i can call? need to get someone to install the new lock on the door after we move in. thanks.

lol, merry maids quoted me more than 1800 for 3 hours of cleaning for move-in. is it that expensive usually? 2 maids for 3 hours. clean balconies, bathrooms, walls, windows, kitchen, frig, etc. shit, if it's this much, i will clean the dang place up myself.

check the local super market notice board. hire a domestic helper at $60 per hour. also check dollar saver.

Hire a local lady! We were quoted ridiculous prices from cleaning companies to clean our new office.
    Put an ad up at the Labour Department website and found a lady who came in a couple of hours for 60HKD/hour and the place was clean... Saved us thousands of dollars.
    And she is coming now every week to clean the place. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Grumbler:
    lol, merry maids quoted me more than 1800 for 3 hours of cleaning for move-in. is it that expensive usually? 2 maids for 3 hours. clean balconies, bathrooms, walls, windows, kitchen, frig, etc. shit, if it's this much, i will clean the dang place up myself.
    why dont you ask the landlord to clean it for you?

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    why dont you ask the landlord to clean it for you?
    she is a cheap ass. we negotiated 500 down from the asking rent. then asked for putting some blinds on. she wanted 500 per month more to put some blinds on, that would be like 12k in a 2 year contract. anyway, we got some nice blinds and hired someone to put everything in. it's a bit pricy, but still way cheaper than what she was offering.

i might just clean the place up myself. right now, i am more in need of locksmith to switch the lock for me lol. not exactly good with tools...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast