Like Tree468Likes

Typhoon Season 2013

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast

Original Post Deleted
    Bet you were a plane spotter back home.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using GeoClicks mobile app

What a beauty!

Typhoon SOULIK.....SOULIK is on her way to being the first Super Typhoon of 2013 and isn't she a beautiful storm?

I love this satellite image, looks like a huge ghost in the North East is cradling SOULIK in his arms...

...expect a mess in northern Taiwan this Friday evening...

Can I just add again....what a beautiful storm...

Quote Originally Posted by INXS:
    ...expect a mess in northern Taiwan this Friday evening
    Looks like it might be a direct hit:

INXS likes this.

Sorry, I fail to see what is beautiful about it.

Sent from somewhere....

Football16 and triunfo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoTommy:
    Looks like it might be a direct hit:

Little bit concerned about this. I arrive in Taipei tomorrow (Wed) evening for 24 hours. Better make sure I get the hell out on Thurs night. Just hoping it doesn't speed up!!!!

Wow, that satellite image, just wow. Hope northern Taiwan gets through it unscathed.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using GeoClicks mobile app

Well we had the Cat 10 last year followed by Black Rain a few weeks ago during which I got flooded due to drains not being able to cope with the volume. I was luckier than some in the village. Only permanemt damage was a thrown away rug

Storms are beautiful here compared to UK but not a direct hit as seems likely for Taiwan and I'm sure that's not what the poster of that comment was suggesting for a minute

Quote Originally Posted by INXS:
    What a beauty!

DIY markets, cars, every kind of electro staff,... and now a typhoon? I don't get men's sense of beauty...

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    Well we had the Cat 10 last year followed by Black Rain a few weeks ago during which I got flooded due to drains not being able to cope with the volume. I was luckier than some in the village. Only permanemt damage was a thrown away rug

Storms are beautiful here compared to UK but not a direct hit as seems likely for Taiwan and I'm sure that's not what the poster of that comment was suggesting for a minute
    Cat 10? You mean a T10? T10 signals hurricane-strength wind in HK, although it does not necessarily indicate how strong that hurricane wind is going (i.e. how fast the recorded wind speed is).

If you want to talk about hurricane categories, it ranges from 1 (relatively weak hurricane) to 5 (the strongest-equivalent to a super typhoon). However, that system normally applies to the Atlantic and Eastern Pacific. In the Western pacific you have super typhoon as the strongest possible tropical cyclone. In fact, the Western Pacific has produced the strongest storms on record, with Typhoon Tip in 1979 being the most intense tropical cyclone ever recorded with a pressure of 870 mb (the lowest ever) with 10 minute wind speed of 260 km (160 mph) and 1 minute windspeed of 305 km (190 mph):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typhoon_Tip
    Last edited by Watercooler; 10-07-2013 at 09:49 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast