Like Tree468Likes

Typhoon Season 2013

Closed Thread
Page 58 of 69 FirstFirst ... 50 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 66 ... LastLast

Original Post Deleted
    No, you don't know why kind of insurance each particular company has. Some have typhoon provisions. Some do not. Or are you telling me you know what kind of insurance every single HK company has?
    Last edited by Watercooler; 15-08-2013 at 11:40 AM.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

And a heads up to the Flying Services officers who lifted 21 seamen off that sinking bulk carrier yesterday!

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Bingo anyone?

Whens the next one? Is it safe to put a cushion out on my balcony?

virago and INXS like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    Whens the next one? Is it safe to put a cushion out on my balcony?
    It is only safe if I'm sitting on it drinking that wine you received the other week and of course with the BBQ fired and raring to go!

Sent from somewhere....

http://www.scmp.com/business/article...re-compromised

Article in the SCMP pointing out how the T8 signal is outdated. The figure of HKD 4bn lost should probably be taken with a pinch of salt but there is certainly a real cost to raising the T8. It also seems relevant to mention it in the same article as the slightly bizarre Philippines black travel warning - if these government warning obviously don't match reality then people will tend to ignore them.

Even if people here think the T8 signal is justified, I can't see the harm in HKO issuing a report afterwards detailing the real impact of the storm for HK people - this could well increase the credibility of the signal as well as giving a better picture of the risks.
    MovingIn07 and kimwy66 like this.

A couple of the peeps. from HK Weather Underground managed to get themselves to Yangjiang as UTOR made landfall. The footage you see here is the back wall hitting, they'd already had the eye.

Yangjiang is only around 200kms (by sea) from HK and the conditions you're seeing here were being felt a lot closer than that...Utor did have a few small jogs poleward and much of the day we were only a few hours away from experiencing conditions like this...HKO got it right. Let it go...

dengxi and Fiona in HKG like this.

Hong Kong was very similar to that video but without the wind, rain and flying debris.

Sent from somewhere....

INXS, MovingIn07 and Fiona in HKG like this.

Quote Originally Posted by INXS:
    A couple of the peeps. from HK Weather Underground managed to get themselves to Yangjiang as UTOR made landfall. The footage you see here is the back wall hitting, they'd already had the eye.

Yangjiang is only around 200kms (by sea) from HK and the conditions you're seeing here were being felt a lot closer than that...Utor did have a few small jogs poleward and much of the day we were only a few hours away from experiencing conditions like this...HKO got it right. Let it go...

200km for a storm moving less than 20km an hour in the opposite direction is NOT "near".
    dengxi likes this.

Got to hand it to the donut motorbike rider

Closed Thread
Page 58 of 69 FirstFirst ... 50 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 66 ... LastLast