Any English Conversation Group in HK?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any English Conversation Group in HK?

I was wondering whether there is any group meeting for English conversation in Hong Kong. I thought of getting together in a cafe or pub once per week or every two weeks and having a chat with other expats in order to improve my English skills while having fun at the same time.

Free Language Tuition

Every Friday and Saturday Night in Lan Kwai Fong or Wanchai !

As I feel by your name you might be female.
    Wear a short skirt, plunging neckline and high heels for free tuition and drinks all night !!

Sorry couldn't resist

benefit

Quote Originally Posted by Boris:
    Every Friday and Saturday Night in Lan Kwai Fong or Wanchai !

As I feel by your name you might be female.
    Wear a short skirt, plunging neckline and high heels for free tuition and drinks all night !!

Sorry couldn't resist
    And hey get a kickback for every drink the gent orders. Sorry, can't resist either.

I meant this seriously

I didn't mean that when I was talking about having fun. And I didn't want to learn body languague but English...
    Couldn' resist either
    So does anyone out there have a serious suggestion?

Drinking? Right on

I have to say that Boris and Cloudyday are so right, you can't brush up your English in a serious way. Fun is the key of learning.

Count me in if there's any drinking party going on.

Ellen come along to the HH in LKF tonight and let us check out the degree of help you need !

Have you checked with AWA(American Women Association)? I believe they have that as one of the get-togethers. Another place to look is YWCA in central, I think they might have it too.

yeah if you wanna practice your English, it doesn't hurt to have a glass of wine, relax then enjoy a good conversation. think about it.

AWA and YWCA

Hi Cloudybay,

thanks for that information. That was more what I was looking for. But it looks like AWA does only English conversation for students. They go into schools. So not really an option...

I couldn't find any English conversation for YWCA through the web. Does anybody know whether they have it and where I can look it up?

In addition we are a male and a female looking for English conversation so a women's association might not be the right stuff anyway.

Maybe we can find a few other people who would like to meet once per week (preferably Mo-Th) in the evening for a chat in English?

Cheers, Ellen

just go to LKF during HH, I am sure you will find plenty of people to practice your English with. don't be shy!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast