fire hazard....lift not working....

Closed Thread

fire hazard....lift not working....

Just had some friends over and when they wanted to go home 10 floors down they couldn't as the lift was not working... they could use the 'service lift' but would have to go though next doors apartment to get to the front door... we have 32 floors surely i can cause a stink and call the fire brigade and say i smell gas....... building mgment in our bldg are crap... so really don't care for the outcome.... are there any rules anyone knows about............

Thats not going to work. All lifts carry signage saying do not use lift in the event of fire. Escape in residential buildings is via the stairs so calling the fire service is only going to result in you being in trouble. "I called you because I was annoyed my friends had to walk down 10 floors" Not clever. Second to that if you smell gas call the gas company.

10 floors really isn't far to walk although I agree its annoying. Lifts do occasionally breakdown or require service. Building mgnt should notify you that maintainance is taking place but if it breaks they can only call Otis/Kone etc to come and fix it. In the event it breaks down a lot I'd do some complaining.

wow i know people who have to walk up and down 11 floors no lift in there building ... considered a mid rise

If the lift continues not to work & building management is of no use try contacting the Electrical and Mechanical Services Department.

About Us : Customer Services