Don't Use Asian Express!!!

IGD

Thumbs down Don't Use Asian Express!!!

We have just had a terrible experience with these guys for what should have been a simple move. At the end of it, I was prepared to forget everything but just wanted to be compensated for broken objects, and money returned for what they failed to do. Talking to the GM was like arguing with a five year old. I'm now having to take them to small claims court. Steer clear!!!!!

were you straight with them from the beginning on what they needed to do ?
    did they come over and see what you wanted to be moved before they quoted ?
    did you take out insurance ?

IGD

Hi, yes to all the above. We actually used them for our last move in HK, which went well. This time unfortunately it did not. Broken items - OK, it's annoying but it happens. They insisted that we were around to issue instructions, which is absolutely fine. The problem was that they didn't follow them and hung and placed stuff wherever they deemed convenient. We agreed that they would chop up a sofa - they didn't do it - and I had to go back to rather annoyed landlord and explain why she couldn't commence cleaning her flat after the lease had expired. We paid them to pick up boxes afterwards - they didn't do that - and that caused some degree of annoyance to our new building management. There was a litany of other errors due to them simply not listening to instructions. All would have been resolved if the company would have just paid for the broken items and the extra money I had to pay to the landlord to move the couch as they didn't do it. Instead I argued with the General Manager who insisted that he had spoken to 'his people', and that because his movers said the move went well then everything is OK. Bizarre. We're still looking for items, and ultimately on principal will take them to small claims court. Having moved more times around the world than I care to remember, there are far better moving companies out there!