Public red-top minibus question

Closed Thread

Public red-top minibus question

I catch the red-top bus "Jordon Road" from the Gold Coast to Jordan road. On the way it goes thru Mongkok (and other places) and I often get off in Mongkok. But on the way back, the bus goes straight to the freeway from Jordan and never goes to Mongkok, so I can never find a bus home. Does anyone know if there are reverse buses that leave from (or via) Mongkok? Any ideas greatfully received (the obvious one of catching the MTR from Mong kok to Jordan is what we currently do, so looking for a better idea than that!).

Yes the bus going from Jordan to GC is on Parkes Street in Jordan - Just outside the 7-11

When coming from Jordan to the GC the bus does not go through Mong Kok...so you have to come to Jordan to get it as it leaves full.

Parkes Street is the off of Jordan Rd (near Temple Street)

From Jordan MTR go out exit A when at street level which is Jordan Rd. take a left ...the first street is Parkes Street .... take a right .... half way down you will see 7-11 there are two red mini bus stops one goes to Banyan Garden the other Goes to Tuen Mun (which on its way goes to the Gold Coast) To besure ask the people in line or the bus driver "GOLD COAST" they say yes or no ... you want the one that says yes.

Last edited by Alby; 26-04-2008 at 11:15 PM.

You can catch it in Mong Kok.

Just walk through Langham Place where the makeup counters are and out on to the road between the mall and the hotel that the mini bus goes down on the way into Mong Kok (maybe Shanghai St), keep walking straight across the road and you will see a mini bus station keep walking straight through there onto the street behind - there is will find all the mini buses parked and loading one at a time. They say Yuen long on the front and go right past the Gold Coast.

So basically it is just one street over from where you come in but going in the other direction.

I learned something new!!!

Hey Larac this is great... I too learned something new ... are these bus also 24hrs like the Parkes St, Jordan bus?

Quote Originally Posted by larac:
    You can catch it in Mong Kok.

Just walk through Langham Place where the makeup counters are and out on to the road between the mall and the hotel that the mini bus goes down on the way into Mong Kok (maybe Shanghai St), keep walking straight across the road and you will see a mini bus station keep walking straight through there onto the street behind - there is will find all the mini buses parked and loading one at a time. They say Yuen long on the front and go right past the Gold Coast.

So basically it is just one street over from where you come in but going in the other direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Alby:
    Hey Larac this is great... I too learned something new ... are these bus also 24hrs like the Parkes St, Jordan bus?
    YEs they are 24/24

Fabulous Larac - that was exactly what I wanted

to know. I thought it had to be the case but wanderered around Mongkok for 20 mins peering at the buses and could not find the stand. This gives me a much better feel for where they are!

and now a supplementary question ....

can I pick up this bus in Tsuen Wan too? I saw heaps of them in Tsuen Wan today but couldn't see a Yuen Long one.....I know they go thru Tsuen Wan on the way in.

The Yuen Long mini bus is much quicker than the one into Mong Kok and doesn't make many stops. It goes through Tsuen Wan along Castle Peak Road. I'm not sure where you could actually pick it up sorry.

they usually don't leave for Yuen Long until they are completely full, meaning they'll only stop if someone wants off, which could be anywhere along CPR...often along the north shore of Rambler Channel where the covered roadway is, but not a sure thing. They mostly bypass Tsuen Wan on the elevated freeway (at least the Parkes St one that I know and hate)

yes - I KNOW THAT. but since they start in TWO

places, ie both in Jordan AND in Mongkok, I wondered if there was a THIRD place (Tsuen Wan) since, as you note, they go thru it on the way in but NOT on the way out.....