Like Tree36Likes

Expat gets jumped by 7 in Shanghai

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Expat gets jumped by 7 in Shanghai

On Monday at 4:15am, in an incident which took place outside Bar 88 on Fumin Lu, French expat, Thomas [full name withheld at his request] was attacked by seven Chinese men. He suffered an open wound on his head that required multiple stitches and severe bruising on his back, side and chest.
    In the video below, taken by eyewitness Shawn Kregan with his mobile phone, Thomas is seen being dragged out of the front seat of a taxi before being kicked and punched by two, then three Chinese men. Four more join in shortly after.
    When Shanghaiist spoke to Thomas, he insisted that "nothing happen[ed] before and in the club. We were not drunk. We didn't see the guys before. It was just pure racism."
    In response to the question of who the attackers might have been, he claimed, "We never met these guys, never even talked to them."
    http://shanghaiist.com/2013/06/14/fr...pat-bar-88.php

Oh my. How sad is this. I sure hope this doesn't happen to anyone on here, that would really break my heart. Please refrain from acting French to avoid this, folks.
    virago likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    That isn't what I came to mind when I read "friction on the dancefloor"
    jayinhongkong likes this.

lol I don't think he was trying to grind on them...but maybe? Doesn't sound racially motivated to me, they just pissed off the wrong guys and paid for it outside the club...happens all over. I've seen it happen in HK countless times.

Last edited by jayinhongkong; 27-06-2013 at 08:30 PM.

He probably hit on the wrong Chinese girl or told off the wrong Chinese guy. I bet he was drunk and probably being a dick.

When it comes to pride and nationalism the Chinese are stronger than most. I'm only speculating here but I've seen it before when I was in China.

Edit:: and when it comes to Chinese they are spineless except if they are an official or officials son/daughter and then they are just pure evil people. OR they are ruled by a mob.

Last edited by virago; 27-06-2013 at 08:42 PM.
    Watercooler and justlooking like this.

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    He probably hit on the wrong Chinese girl or told off the wrong Chinese guy. I bet he was drunk and probably being a dick.

When it comes to pride and nationalism the Chinese are stronger than most. I'm only speculating here but I've seen it before when I was in China.
    he did nothing. maybe he was just being french

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    he did nothing. maybe he was just being french
    No, I doubt that. He pissed off someone and didn't give homage to the right person. In the bars and nightclubs of Shanghai there are some very bad elements.

They didn't exactly do much damage considering, a) that French bloke is a skinny runt and
    b) there was 7 of them!

Quote Originally Posted by arrowsmith:
    They didn't exactly do much damage considering, a) that French bloke is a skinny runt and
    b) there was 7 of them!
    I've seen it before.

Laowai in China, maybe speaks some OK Mandarin, hits on a few girls, scores a few over his time. Goes to bar, does what he usually does, has a few drinks and hits on girls. Hits on wrong girl or worse still, pisses off rich kid with lots of friends or high official's kid.

He realises his wrong doing, or goes outside unawares and gets in taxi. Rich kids with no law unto themselves pull him out of taxi and beat shit out of him.

If you are wondering it was a friend of mine. Two years ago. Only speculating though.

Well he was with his girlfriend and French people are known for the humbleness and being soft spoken. This is clearly racially motivated!

7 people took the effort to drag an unknown stranger out of a taxi, in front of his girlfriend(expat) and witnesses who also sounds like expats(Shawn Kregan) that he claims he has never seen before and then proceed to beat him senseless because they were racist against him and him only?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast