Mum visiting!

Closed Thread

Mum visiting!

My mum is visiting... I would like some ideas for nice things to do together (other than the more obvious touristy stuff like going to The Ladies Market and Stanley) e.g. evening drink at the Intercontinental, afternoon tea at the Peninsula, cocktail in The Feather Boa, spa treatment! She is in her early 70's though is very with-it and glam! Thanks!

Last edited by DAQUIRI; 29-04-2008 at 04:23 PM.

So, no sweaty nooks & crannies of authentic Hong Kong for her then? Like the bustling, damp wetmarkets brimming with fresh, fragrant seafood and other "exotic" delicacies? Well, you know best

Other from the glam places you're already considering taking her, if weather's clear and sunny, add a visit to The Verandah for yet another deluxe afternoon tea... over-looking white-sand beaches in & around Repulse Bay, etc... A deliberate touch of ole colonialism, made stylish and palatable - cool and classy.

Also, could include dinner and leisurely drinks in more "open-air" Stanley, which, over the years, have been quite generously "revived", facelift upon facelift. On happening days, the place has an attractive, colourful COSMO buzz about it, laid-back enuff (and without the overwhelming crowdedness of another busy "corner" like Mongkok!).

There's loads to see & do... But wondering, wouldn't she also be a lil' bit curious and want a peek into the rich diversity of Hong Kong life/lives, while visiting here?

The Museums have different exhibitions going on during the day time ... Like the Art museum on the TST waterfront.

Also maybe the two of you can enroll in a one night Chinese cooking class ... where you learn together, spend sometime and dine together.

Horse races?

aqua luna

Watch the light show and hear the soundtrack from Aqua Luna. much more fun to do this with a glass in your hand than being jostled on the avenue of stars......

Great! Yes the horses - a great night! And I forgot about Aqua Luna (anyone done this hour trip?) and I've heard of The Verandah... Where can we do the cookery course? YWCA? That sounds like a fun idea! Already thinking of taking her to the Banksy exhibition in Central - so I'll see what's on at the TST Art Museum too. I'll show her the more authentic side too of course. No big hikes!

Last edited by DAQUIRI; 29-04-2008 at 07:27 PM.

Great! Yes the horses - a great night! And I forgot about Aqua Luna (anyone done this hour trip?) and I've heard of the Verandah..(not just cakes eh? She's diabetic). Where can we do the cookery course? That sounds like a fun idea! Already thinking of taking her to the Banksy exhibition in Central - so I'll see what's on at the Art Museum too. I'll show her the more authentic side too of course. No big hikes!

go to the Budda enjoying a veg. lunch? or visiting some temples...

A Walk

Take A Taxi To Parkview And Walk To Tai Tam..practically All Down Hill And Then Get A Bus Into Stanley For Lunch Or Head The Opposite Direction. Very Scenic, Green And Pretty.