Like Tree5Likes

How to Choose a Rice Cooker?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Original Post Deleted
    All speculation and pulling examples out of thin air.

Original Post Deleted
    Yes, please post them here thanks with your analysis.

Original Post Deleted
    You're the one claiming it, so prove it. Just saying that's all.

How does the Appliance Business compare to other competing manufacturers in the same category? I think this would be a better indication to performance. Though it's still not clear cut.

As you know a rice cooker is only one category in the Appliances Segment. Made up of air cons, vacuum cleaners, fridges, ventilation, washing machines, air purification, kitchen appliances (which the cooker is a part of) etc and even batteries and bicycles.

Who's to say another category or categories are holding up the Kitchen Appliances business?

I think you need to make contact further to ask about rice cookers in particular and the margins associated with the different sku's on offer.

Original Post Deleted
    Hmmmm, obvious? You seem to be making assumptions on the performance of a segment. Maybe you were dazzled by the IR presentation then to make that assumption.

Really? Ignorance?

Yes, and my many years of working in manufacturing, product development, R&D development, developing pricing strategies, marketing, promotion and advertising on consumer products (and in particular for kitchen applicances category.....)

What you have stated is not clear cut and hence why I challenge your assumptions.

Last edited by virago; 12-07-2013 at 01:15 PM.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    not exactly correct, expensive high rice cookers are for connoisseurs who use staple diet is rice based, they use induction cooking and pressure to allow even and very rapid cooking of rice, Ie, traditional rice cookers take 25-35 mins, IH pressure rice cookers take half the time, also they allow all sort of variant of rice including sushi rice and calculate the ideal cooking criteria catered for each types of rice and sush which most people probably don't know

so if you are rice fan and you like to experiment with congee, rice pudding, sushi rice or long grain brown us rice, or even the English way of cooking rice, ie, boiled/steamed, then immersed in boiling water after cooking for a few minutes to make the rice light and fluffy, then IH pressure rice cookers is right for your usage
    Are you a rice cooker salesperson?

Quote Originally Posted by dtb:
    Personally, I don't see the reason why I need an $4000+ IH rice cooker while the sub $1000 can do the job nice.
    Basically HK$500 gets you a conventional cooker with no electronics.

HK$1500 gets a nice digital cooker which is more reliable for frequent use and has timer functionality. There's a kickstarter project for a device to implement timing for conventional cookers.

HK$4000 gets you super sized 10-cup cookers which should be beyond normal family needs.

I don't think any of them are useful enough to keep the water in a separate container until cook time so the rice doesn't saturate and end up like sticky rice.
    Last edited by MrMoo; 15-07-2013 at 05:53 AM.