Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wtbhotia

Hire a FDH without agency - anybody any experience ?

Closed Thread

Hire a FDH without agency - anybody any experience ?

We are looking for a new helper, we would like to avoid going through an agency. Anybody has some experience here ? I am aware the HKG part with Immigration - this should be not too difficult - but what about other side e.g. Philippines or Indonesia.
    Would be thankful for any useful hints.

For Indonesian FDH, you cannot hire without an approved Agency. For Philippines you can do it, but it will be easier, if you hire one who has completed her contract.

I am still going through the hiring of a new helper myself and this is my 1st experience so let me share what I found out.

1. Philippines helper that has finished the full 2 year contract you can hire without using agency.
    2. If the Philippines helper was terminated by the employer or she terminated the contract then you must use agency
    3. Indonesian must use agency regardless

I was recommend a helper who had terminated her contract after nearly 4 years with the same employer due to extra hardship from her employer, she though as she terminated the contract she could get new employer herself, the Philippines consulate rejected her and said she must use agency, she found me a good agency with reasonable price $1880 as I only needed them to help with the paper work and running around. The medical examination was $500 which was cheap as well, cheaper than any other agency I found. http://www.helper-in.com/web/html/contactus.jsp

If you do find a Philippines helper that is finished contract then its quite easy.

1. Once you have finished the interview and you both agree of the employment then ask the helper to go to immigration and get the forms. A green domestic helper agreement contract form and the two HK immigration form.
    2. Fill out the green contract form, its 4 duplicate pages, you need to sign and also have a witness sign. All 4 pages must be filled out exactly.
    3. The HK immigration form, there is one for employer and one for helper, you need to fill out the employer one.
    4. You need to pay for the document processing fee at the Phillipines Consulate which is less than $700, it takes one week for the document to be chopped.
    5. Once the Philippines consulate document is chopped then the helper needs to take the immigration forms and the contract to apply for domestic helper, this will take 4-6weeks.
    6. During the waiting period the helper usually will have no more time left in her passport so she will need to leave, most of them head to Macau and wait there.

shri likes this.

Hi WTBHOTIA - thanks for your detailed info - we appreciate that very much.
    So let me revise:
    1) Get the grreen contract - both parties sign & get the immigration form
    2) Bring that forms to Phi consulate & wait tob pick it up
    3) After getting it back from the Phi consulate - go back to Immigration Tower & finalize application.
    So far - right isnt it ?
    But what about the helper must leave earlier - can the employer do that Phi consulate job - or must the helper appear in person both on Phi consulate & then HK Immigration Tower to trigger the application ?

Thai helpers you don't need an agency for a change contract . You just need to attend the Thai embassy with your helper for an interview form filling and provide some photos of your Flat . There is a small fee .its all quite efficient :then take all the completed paperwork to Hong Kong immigration and submit the duly stamped contracts