Fastest/Cheapest way from Shenzhen to HKG

Fastest/Cheapest way from Shenzhen to HKG

Hey all, I'll be going from Shenzen to Hong Kong Airport on Saturday May 10th and looking for the cheapest yet best way possible. I will be entering Hong Kong from Huanggang (I believe). Are there any direct shuttle buses or anything?

Also a bit off topic, but where are the big and good electronic marts in Shenzhen? We are staying around Fotin district. Thanks!

You are aware of the ferries direct from Shenzhen to HK Airport which avoid the need to enter Hong Kong at all?

Hong Kong International Airport - Passenger Guide

Hmm didn't know that. I can't seem the find the rates that are associated with SkyPier. Just wondering if it would cheaper that way since the two locations are a bit further away from my hotel.

Fares here. But note also from the HKIA link that you can get your HK Airport tax refunded as a transit passenger, saving you, I think HK$120.

Last edited by PDLM; 05-05-2008 at 12:15 AM.

Oh also there will be two of us but only I am leaving Asia to go back to Canada. My friend wants to see me off at the airport so I am not sure if the ferry service will allow her to board since she does not have a valid airline ticket.

Yes, that is true, but what's the difference between seeing you off at a pier in Shenzhen and seeing you off at security at HK Airport?

That's what I said, but then the tears started to flow. Never argue against a crying women

You should have a selection of buses from HuangGang, check this site for details:

To and From the Airport.com - Hong Kong. Your on-line guide to airport travel.

As for the electronics mall if 'Fotin' is actually 'Futian' then you are in the right area. If you find the large octagonal profile building (2nd tallest in SZ) then in the base there is SEG (Saige) which is good for computer peripherals etc., within a half mile radius of here there are countless electronic shops/malls.

there are a lot of sky limo luxury vans at the huangguan border just after u cross the china immigration, they all go to the HK airport, i heard them quote the price around 140HK per person.