Like Tree10Likes

Need two people to witness our marriage in Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Need two people to witness our marriage in Hong Kong

We desperately need two witnesses (above18 years old) for our wedding in Hong Kong on July 31 at 10:15 in City Hall.
    Please contact us under [email protected] or [email protected]
    Many thanks to you in advance.
    Kind regards

um...ask your non-relative friends?

Quote Originally Posted by richteralan:
    um...ask your non-relative friends?
    Not everyone has non-relative friends readily available, I know I didn't when Mr MCDC and I got married.

Quote Originally Posted by MCDC:
    Not everyone has non-relative friends readily available, I know I didn't when Mr MCDC and I got married.
    I'm aware of that. But asking this in a public forum is strange in my opinion. Start with relative's friends' friends? Better ask in person.

I'm aware of that. But asking this in a public forum is strange in my opinion. Start with relative's friends' friends? Better ask in person.
    When I did this, we asked this Irish bum who we met at a pub (he was living in the hostel above it) when he asked if he could join our monopoly game.... Sure, you can play monopoly with us, but you've got to wake up by 9:00am and come be a witness for our "wedding".

It's actually quite a pain to get witnesses for something like this. We didn't have very many friends, and certainly not friends free on a weekday morning.

I would come for this for you, but I luckily have an interview that day.

By the way, to the OP, it might help if you offer some sort of incentive, like... pay someone. We paid the Irish bum. (And we wouldn't have it any other way!!!)

richteralan likes this.

And sometimes relatives are the LAST people you want to know about a marriage!
    MCDC and dutchmen like this.

Thank you for your replies. Unfortunately we don't have friends yet in Hong kong. We will arrive in Hong kong on the 30th July. We are willing to pay each witness approximately 500,- HKD.
    Many thanks in advance.
    Kind regards

It's uncommon, but hardly strange as people can have wildly different circumstances.

This kind of request pops up at least once a year on Geo, usually from people who are arriving from overseas or who are relatively new in town and don't know too many people with permanent residency yet.
    Last edited by jgl; 24-07-2013 at 10:54 AM.
    shri and amrit.bharadwaj like this.

Would it maybe be more useful to post it in the Work/jobs section? See if there is anyone who is free and would like to make some extra cash? Worst case, just as some people on the street. Maybe try to find American tourists who would feel honored to be a part of a special day!

bak875 likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast