Like Tree14Likes

New Apartment--Is Bug Problem Normal?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

dang, glad i didn't see this thing. scary and ugly looking. the one i smashed didn't have the armor...

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Original Post Deleted
    Saw a fucking huge one wiggle its way across the living room floor last night. Hate, hate, hate them! My poor old man thought someone had broken in and was stabbing me to death! He found me standing on the sofa, cos those bastards are vicious attack predators (my story and I'm sticking too it) but at least they can't jump.

Humongous mutant silverfish are the reason we have Biokill, primed and ready on top of the fridge. I don't want to hunting under the sink looking for the stuff when life and limb are in immediate and live-threatening danger.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Saw a fucking huge one wiggle its way across the living room floor last night. Hate, hate, hate them! My poor old man thought someone had broken in and was stabbing me to death! He found me standing on the sofa, cos those bastards are vicious attack predators (my story and I'm sticking too it) but at least they can't jump.

Humongous mutant silverfish are the reason we have Biokill, primed and ready on top of the fridge. I don't want to hunting under the sink looking for the stuff when life and limb are in immediate and live-threatening danger.
    The definition of a chick!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using GeoClicks mobile app

To the OP (who had a problem with fleas, not roaches), you should definitely get your landlord to deal with this as it doesn't sound normal at all. Let us know how you got on.

And to the poster who said "just get a man", did it give you kicks to be so cruel and insensitive to a crying, homesick single girl?

Quote Originally Posted by lehcarachel:
    Hi everyone,

I am a single girl who just moved to Hong Kong from California, USA. I found a cockroach my first night (last night), put it outside. Cleaned all day today. Then, see (what I am pretty certain to be) fleas all over the ceiling wall. I bombed my apartment, came home tonight and most were gone...but still a few bugs left on the ceiling. I live on the 8th floor in a really nice, new complex. Honestly, being on my own and dealing with bugs, I am ready to run home. What preventative measures can I take to keep pests out from this point on? (Other than keeping my apartment really clean)

Thank you in advance for your help!

Signed,

Girl who can't stop crying cuz she's so homesick and hates bugs
    back in the states, a friend of mine saw a cockroach near his hand while sleeping. he just smashed it with his hand and went back to sleep.

but seriously though, talk to the landlord or something. or if money is not an issue, call a pest control of some sort. not sure spraying chemicals all over is good for your health.

and it will take a while to get used to hong kong with such a huge culture shock. i couldn't stop crying (no tears) when i first here and i am a dude.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoob:
    The definition of a chick!

This 'chick' has parachuted, flown a plane, a hang glider and a helicopter, re-built a car engine, crossed Checkpoint Charlie, supped magic mushroom soup at the old Stonehenge (free) Festival, and ridden with Hells Angels (actually a charity run but this sounds better ) amongst other things.

It takes A LOT to scare me. But silverfish!?!?!?!? Fuck no!
    Stoob and usehername like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    This 'chick' has parachuted, flown a plane, a hang glider and a helicopter, re-built a car engine, crossed Checkpoint Charlie, supped magic mushroom soup at the old Stonehenge (free) Festival, and ridden with Hells Angels (actually a charity run but this sounds better ) amongst other things.

It takes A LOT to scare me. But silverfish!?!?!?!? Fuck no!
    oh yeah? i guess you can try parachute with a silverfish in your hand next time. see how much rush you get...

Quote Originally Posted by MarthaK:
    To the OP (who had a problem with fleas, not roaches), you should definitely get your landlord to deal with this as it doesn't sound normal at all. Let us know how you got on.

And to the poster who said "just get a man", did it give you kicks to be so cruel and insensitive to a crying, homesick single girl?
    Sounds like you may be in need of a good seeing to as well !

Quote Originally Posted by Grumbler:
    oh yeah? i guess you can try parachute with a silverfish in your hand next time. see how much rush you get...
    Parachute into a vat of silverfish you mean

Sorry to hear that. I used to live in WanChai with a lazy Chinese boy. I've seen at least three different kinds of bugs at my apartment in that year. My roomie put his pizza boxes under his desk. And a few months later I had to clean those creepy bugs while my roomie was totally freaked out. LOL!

Anyway good luck! It happens in Hong Kong. =)