Like Tree8Likes

Getting a record player repaired?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Getting a record player repaired?

Hi - random question. Me and my other half arrived a few months ago, and our stuff arrived a few weeks ago. Unfortunately her much beloved LP player has suffered some damage to the needle in transit.

Does anyone know a place to get this repaired?

Thanks for any guidance

- B

1970?

auss likes this.

Cheers. As always, this place delivers.

virago and Stoob like this.

Quote Originally Posted by braddles:
    Hi - random question. Me and my other half arrived a few months ago, and our stuff arrived a few weeks ago. Unfortunately her much beloved LP player has suffered some damage to the needle in transit.

Does anyone know a place to get this repaired?

Thanks for any guidance

- B
    what is the brand and model of your record player? can you also tell if the cartridge ( which houses the needle has a brand name)

FWIW, new record players ( non dj ones with belt mechanism) are still available to buy from HK$1500 to HK$150000, i have even had the pleasure of listening to records ( part of my limited edition cd collection packages, not my era) for the first time on a high end set up, it does sound more natural than cd player, high quality audio with very minimal hiss, some sense better than cd, others cd is better, much better than any mp3/flac.

The guy who repairs Min07's mangle might know...

Stoob likes this.

Cheers. As always, this place delivers.
    Sorry, just cannot resist having a jibe at gramophone questions
    INXS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    what is the brand and model of your record player? can you also tell if the cartridge ( which houses the needle has a brand name)

FWIW, new record players ( non dj ones with belt mechanism) are still available to buy from HK$1500 to HK$150000, i have even had the pleasure of listening to records ( part of my limited edition cd collection packages, not my era) for the first time on a high end set up, it does sound more natural than cd player, high quality audio with very minimal hiss, some sense better than cd, others cd is better, much better than any mp3/flac.
    She's adamant she doesnt want a new one, wants to repair her vintage one....

She says, in response to your q...

The brand of the record player is PYE and model 1605.

Not sure about the cartridge...just says LP/S ST170 on the needle side
    Thanks for taking the time to respond

Call first and see if they can help.

http://www.avwalkman.com/contactus.htm

She's adamant she doesnt want a new one, wants to repair her vintage one....

She says, in response to your q...

Thanks for taking the time to respond
    try this place, he can possibly repair record players and needles ( the repairer builds his own record players, but specializes in repairing headphones), take your broken cartridge and needle to him for a quote, note his shop is in grimy part of mong kok but he does not overcharge or rip you off like other repairers when they see a westerner

https://www.facebook.com/Hercules.Workshop

also take your best record and hear the difference on his professional equipment, you be amazed on the difference in quality ( he does not mind either)

he understands basic English, you can even whatsapp or call him on 9518 2081
    braddles likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    try this place, he can possibly repair record players and needles ( the repairer builds his own record players, but specializes in repairing headphones), take your broken cartridge and needle to him for a quote, note his shop is in grimy part of mong kok but he does not overcharge or rip you off like other repairers when they see a westerner

https://www.facebook.com/Hercules.Workshop

also take your best record and hear the difference on his professional equipment, you be amazed on the difference in quality ( he does not mind either)

he understands basic English, you can even whatsapp or call him on 9518 2081
    address

room 2203, 22fl, PROSPER COMMERCIAL BUILDING, yin chong street, mong kok, (exit a2 yau ma tei mtr is closest), pass dundas st, near r/c model stores and in front open market

旺角煙廠街9號興 ™¼å•†æ¥­å¤§å»ˆ22樓2203å®

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast