Overnight Bus Service

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Overnight Bus Service

Hello everybody,

This is my first post here. I will be moving to Sheung Shui by the end of this month and being a clubbing and party animal that I am, can anybody tell me if there are any overnight buses running from Central/Wan Chai districts to Sheung Shui?

take the yellow/red minibuses from central or wanchai to Mongkok from there u can change to another minibus to Sheung Shui, much faster than taking the normal buses.

as a newbie, you will prob. find www.ypmap.com to be very valuable....happy searching

also try Kowloon Motor Bus Company (1933) Ltd.

and https://www.nwstbus.com.hk/home/defa...px?intLangID=1

Last edited by timklip; 14-05-2008 at 01:49 PM.

or
    Centamap

if you prefer sites that have moved beyond 1995 technology

There is a red minivan from Causeway Bay (near the bridge next to the fire station on Hennessy road) to Sheung Shui that runs overnight. It's close to Wan Chai. If you will be in Lan Kwai Fong then there are also plenty of buses/vans between CWB and Central.

If you do not know what a red-mini van is then you will once you get to HK.

Quote Originally Posted by chimo:
    There is a red minivan from Causeway Bay (near the bridge next to the fire station on Hennessy road) to Sheung Shui that runs overnight. It's close to Wan Chai. If you will be in Lan Kwai Fong then there are also plenty of buses/vans between CWB and Central.

If you do not know what a red-mini van is then you will once you get to HK.
    The bridge is called Canal St. Bridge. Pleanty of nred-top minibuses, but I've never taken them up as far as Sheung Shui!

Overnight Bus Service

Wow! Thanks for the info guys. Now I can think of staying late on the HK side without having to worry about transportation.

Last edited by BlueValentine; 17-05-2008 at 09:05 AM.

Hi BlueValentine,

I live in Sheung Shui and I can tell you all I know about commuting from HK island to Sheung Shui in the early mornings.

FROM WANCHAI
    There is a red minibus from Wanchai to Sheung Shui. I can't remember exactly where it is but I believe its on Hennessey Road and its right outside of the Hang Seng on the side heading towards Causeway Bay.

FROM CAUSEWAY BAY
    There is indeed a red minibus running from Canal St Bridge as mentioned in an earlier post. Its at the end of the street near the fire station. I remember its $25.

However if you are near Wanchai it may be easier to walk to the Wanchai minibus. Just walk along Henessey Road towards Wanchai and you will evtually see it.

FROM CENTRAL
    There is no firect minibus back to Sheung Shui form Central. Your options are to get to Wanchai or to Mongkok for interchange. The red mini bus to Mongkok is at the bottom of D'agiular Street, around the corner on the left of Queens Road. It is pretty much outside of the Body Shop. I think its $15.

FROM MONGKOK
    There are two minibuses from Mongkok to Sheung Shui. The first from Mongkok Road. Again quite easy to find. It is around the corner from Sai Yeung Choi Street on Mongkok Road. Usually quite a long quite at nights but its the fastest route to Sheung Shui. Usually around 25 - 40 mins depending on speeds.

The other is on Argyle Street. Again pretty easy to find. Just walk up Argyle Street in direction away from Nathan Road and you will see it. It is on the side going towards Nathan Road. Also this bus goes to Tai Po too, so takes longer time on the road, but usually shorter queues.

Hope this is enough to get you going. If you have any questions just ask. I also know my way pretty well commuting to Yuen Long, Tuen Mun or Tai Po if you want to know just ask.

Hey Ede,

Thanks for your comprehensive information man! Where in Sheung Shui are you?

Quote Originally Posted by ede559:
    Hi BlueValentine,

I live in Sheung Shui and I can tell you all I know about commuting from HK island to Sheung Shui in the early mornings.

FROM WANCHAI
    There is a red minibus from Wanchai to Sheung Shui. I can't remember exactly where it is but I believe its on Hennessey Road and its right outside of the Hang Seng on the side heading towards Causeway Bay.

FROM CAUSEWAY BAY
    There is indeed a red minibus running from Canal St Bridge as mentioned in an earlier post. Its at the end of the street near the fire station. I remember its $25.

However if you are near Wanchai it may be easier to walk to the Wanchai minibus. Just walk along Henessey Road towards Wanchai and you will evtually see it.

FROM CENTRAL
    There is no firect minibus back to Sheung Shui form Central. Your options are to get to Wanchai or to Mongkok for interchange. The red mini bus to Mongkok is at the bottom of D'agiular Street, around the corner on the left of Queens Road. It is pretty much outside of the Body Shop. I think its $15.

FROM MONGKOK
    There are two minibuses from Mongkok to Sheung Shui. The first from Mongkok Road. Again quite easy to find. It is around the corner from Sai Yeung Choi Street on Mongkok Road. Usually quite a long quite at nights but its the fastest route to Sheung Shui. Usually around 25 - 40 mins depending on speeds.

The other is on Argyle Street. Again pretty easy to find. Just walk up Argyle Street in direction away from Nathan Road and you will see it. It is on the side going towards Nathan Road. Also this bus goes to Tai Po too, so takes longer time on the road, but usually shorter queues.

Hope this is enough to get you going. If you have any questions just ask. I also know my way pretty well commuting to Yuen Long, Tuen Mun or Tai Po if you want to know just ask.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueValentine:
    Hey Ede,

Thanks for your comprehensive information man! Where in Sheung Shui are you?
    At the moment in Lung Fung Garden, but may be looking to move out of there soon.

Oh, btw I am also in the IT profession too. I am a Programmer, u?
    Last edited by ede559; 21-05-2008 at 06:26 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast