Cheap courier to Indonesia

Cheap courier to Indonesia

Hi, i'm new here, i was not sure whether i make a new thread or not. so i just try post it here :

Currently I work in HK and find some courier service, especially door to door services. I want to send package ( medium box, averagely 10-20kg ) to Indonesia, and want to have competitive and low price services, because i want to re-sell the stuff i send.

Please advice, and please correct me if i'm posting on wrong place

What a lot of people miss is the fact that the HK post office have low rates and fast service comparable with Fed Ex or DHL.

They operate two systems - Air mail parcels and EMS courier.
    Hongkong Post - Postage Rate

I would use this as a baseline. They also collect from premises under the EMS contract.

You might also want to check some of the door to door services for Indonesia, around the Victoria Park area. They cater to the domestic helpers and have some cheap rates too - NO CLUE how good or reliable they might be.

Hi Boris,

Thanks for the advice, I will try to find out rates from HK Post Office.
    Actually I'm kind of new in HK...

But if you have another alternatives, please advise.. i can make good use from the comparison ...

Many many thanks man...

If you go to www.yp.com.hk ( yellow pages HK - Courier services ) the whole list is there.
    Warning - there are LOTS of them !

I'd second KIA's advice. Try to find the Indonesian companies that cater to Domestic Helpers - I'm pretty sure they must exist; start by talking to people in Victoria Park on a Sunday (that being where many Indonesian helpers spend their day off).

My experience is with the equivalent companies catering to the Filipino market - I shipped a brand new Sony 27" LCD TV over to the Philippines using one of them for well under HK$1000 including pickup in HK and delivery to a location in rural Pampanga. It took about 2-3 weeks.

It turned up exactly as scheduled and in perfect condition. And the best bit was that that wasn't even the slightest mention of import duties

(Done through Fedex or similar the duties alone would have been more than the total cost through the Worldwide House shipper.)

Last edited by PDLM; 13-05-2008 at 04:00 PM.

many thanks for the idea, now i know where to find previously i have no idea where to find such services ....

Hi ferrysb. If you have found, could you post it. I needed the cheapest courier service too.D!

ferrysb hasn't logged into this site for over 2 years, so I doubt you'll be getting an answer there!

PDLM's advice above to talk to some Indonesian helpers and get their recommendation seems pretty good to me!

Gruntfuttock.
    Lol. I am sleepy. Thanks fyi.D