Like Tree1Likes

Website for hk hotels?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by usehername:
    I think I'll just book at the hotel myself. Maybe if I wave the baby around they'll give us an upgrade
    Dont show up in person - its never a good strategy to get good prices.

Do:
    - call and ask for resident rate
    - if you dont like the rate you get, ask for the sales department and then sweet talk them into how many relatives you have coming every year etc etc
    - promise them they will get all your business if they give you good rate
    If you do the above, you should be able to beat the booking.com rates but only if we are not in high season or when no big shows are in town (Jewellery, Leather, Electronics etc)

I've often got good rates in hotels (never tried this in HK though) by walking in late in the afternoon and asking for the rate, and just walking out if I don't like it. (Walk out slowly enough, after asking if there is a "better rate" ... like as not they call you back with something better. It helps to have several options to try because you actually do have to be able to walk away for such strategies to work.

HC - I went in earlier this afternoon, the receptionist checked the computer and quoted $1,400 - which is exactly the same price as all the online sites people have suggested (except wotif which quoted $1530).)

Quote Originally Posted by usehername:
    HC - I went in earlier this afternoon, the receptionist checked the computer and quoted $1,400 - which is exactly the same price as all the online sites people have suggested (except wotif which quoted $1530).)
    *smile*
    exactly, thats not the price you want.

Try my other suggestions; you should get further.
    Remember : Receptionist has no empowerment and cannot give you any discount. If you call the sales department, they will have empowerment and can give you breaks. Even if you cant get a break on rates, you can get free bfast and/or free transfers and/or free gym, free massage or other goodies thrown into the deal.

Ok well I think for a one night stay that seems a bit too much effort- but next time I need to book a longer stay I'll give it a go and see what I can get.