Like Tree20Likes

Cockroach-infested flat

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by usehername:
    Biokill is really good.
    Yes its a "miracle" and completely non toxic to pets even very sensitive ones like birds.
    Mosquitoes cockroaches ants all perish you can see them falling like rain day after.

Down side its expensive, is a pump spray (not easy to get full cover) and has a very short effective life span. In my experience under three weeks before those roaches start swaying their feelers around bathroom cabnets and fridges again. The spray bottle says for four weeks.

It doesn't seem to break the cycle because it's so short working maybe, doesn't kill eggs. I noticed dozens of babies three weeks after it was used.

The cool weather seems to send them into permanent hiding where ever that might be but I rarely see one then.

Quote Originally Posted by Koen:
    Yes its a "miracle" and completely non toxic to pets even very sensitive ones like birds.
    Except cats, to whom permethrin (the active ingredient of biokill) is very toxic.

had three in three days but once we sealed the apartment we haven't had one since.

WanChaiHouse likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    Except cats, to whom permethrin (the active ingredient of biokill) is very toxic.
    This is very important information Futtock.

The active ingriendients are in extreme small writting at the bottom of the front label? 0.25% permethrin.

There are two strenghs, the 0.25% one called "BioKill SAFE" , seems to think its safe for cats too and suggests you spray it in and around litter trays. But as cats are extremely sensitive to permethrin I wouldn't do this. No actual warning for cats on the label at all which is very irresponsible.

So cockroach season it upon us and I started to notice them in the hallway around my apartment 1 month ago. After being away for 5 days I came home and noticed several of them in my flat despite it being clean and food all sealed away in containers. Last year I went the natural route, this year I followed my dad's suggestion and used Advion cockroach gel bait which has been amazing! Within 24h I had already found several dead ones and kept finding them for several days after. 1 week later, no more cockroaches! I bought it on Amazon. So anyone looking for some heavy duty cockroach bait that actually works, I highly recommend this stuff

Name:  ImageUploadedByGeoClicks1400243994.420726.jpg
Views: 1734
Size:  596.3 KB

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

karen09 and hongkong7 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Koen:
    No actual warning for cats on the label at all which is very irresponsible.
    That would be a waste of space, cats can't read.
    elle likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    That would be a waste of space, cats can't read.
    Way to make a sweeping generalisation! Drunken racist POM.
    bookblogger and elle like this.

Original Post Deleted
    Yes I read all the instructions and unless my cats have learned to climb ladders or open cabinets, it's safely stashed in places they can't reach. I'm tired of the constant losing battle against cockroaches and this has definitely kept them at bay which makes me happy

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

Hi MCDC

Is Advion cat safe?

Does anyone know the most effective method you can use that won't harm cats?

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Catnip. Cats like it, roaches don't.