Brand names, salons and time out...

Closed Thread

Brand names, salons and time out...

Now that my head isn't reeling quite so much as it was on arrival, I have a couple of questions. I'm sure I'm probably forgetting some but nevermind!

1) "Labels for Less"
    Most importantly (!) I read about this place which supposedly carries discounted but real brand names and is on the 3rd floor of IFC. But I found no such store. Is it gone? Was it ever there? If it doesn’t exist, is there anywhere where one CAN find discounted brand name stuff like handbags?

2) Salon
    Anyone know of a reputable salon for facials, pedicures and waxing? In Central / Mid-levels?

3) Pub/Cafe
    I’d love to find a pub/café/lounge… someplace relaxed where a single person can go and curl up in a comfortable chair after a long day and have a glass of wine/beer and read a book.

I think that’s it for now!
    In advance, thanks so much!

2. For your facials--if you like natural ingredients in your face glop, i recommend my therapist, Yvonne at Yves tel:25302022

3. For lounging/reading in the evening you might try Fringe Club's upstairs bar/restaurant or join the Foreign Correspondents Club. You'll have to inspect for comfy chairs but they are two of the most low key but nice places I've found.

1) Pedder Building (shanghai tang) also has a couple of outlet stores.

2) There are a number of good salons in Central. For pedicures try the Feel Good Factor on Lyndhurst Terrace.

Quote Originally Posted by HKnewbie:
    Now that my head isn't reeling quite so much as it was on arrival, I have a couple of questions. I'm sure I'm probably forgetting some but nevermind!

1) "Labels for Less"
    Most importantly (!) I read about this place which supposedly carries discounted but real brand names and is on the 3rd floor of IFC. But I found no such store. Is it gone? Was it ever there? If it doesn’t exist, is there anywhere where one CAN find discounted brand name stuff like handbags?
    Talk about wrong timing, that store was opened last year, (or maybe even 2 yrs ago), when the top floor of IFC was deserted and there were more tumbleweeds than shoppers. Alternatively, you can try the Lane Crawford outlet which is now open in Horizon Plaza I believe. Good luck!

I don't say this enough... I love this site!
    Thanks very much everyone!