Like Tree20Likes

Bus situation out of hand

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Bus situation out of hand

Hi,

I don't know how many of you are living up around Robinson Road and use the bus service to get down to Central/Admirality area, but things are crazy there now in the morning.

I'm talking about the buses stopping outside of Welcome on Robins Road (23, 40, 12M and 3B). This morning at 8.30 am the bus line for 23 circled around from the bus-stop all the way down on Seymour road pass the food-delivery entrence on Welcome. I would say there was at it's worst around 80 people waiting in line on 1 station. Buses that pass by are often already full and waiting time to squeeze on a bus is terrible.

This is due to 3 things as I see it:
    1. Bus 23A was cancelled, also bus 12 station has been moved
    2. New buildings have people moving in, mainly Seymour Rd 2A, huge 34 floor building.
    3. School started

I emailed the bus company and asked them to re-instate the 23A a bus, can we help out and push the bus company?

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

First day of the new school year is always a bit crazy. Darn buses! If only they'd disappear to make more room for Mercedes M-Class drivers!

shri likes this.

Buy a car...

Also 8.30 am is usually worst time to get anything in Rob Road, bus+taxi. Start to work in about 3 weeks, hope the situation will improve as I will use the bus to Wanchai frequently. Very curious if the bus company bother to reply though...

Your choice to live in expat ghetto mid levels

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Your choice to live in expat ghetto mid levels
    not a really a ghetto, more like a place with higher proportional demographic of expats

to be honest, mid levels have limited bus service due to general social-economic proportional amount of people living there, most either drive, taxi or walk to their destinations.

Quote Originally Posted by RobRoy:
    Hi,

I don't know how many of you are living up around Robinson Road and use the bus service to get down to Central/Admirality area, but things are crazy there now in the morning.

I'm talking about the buses stopping outside of Welcome on Robins Road (23, 40, 12M and 3B). This morning at 8.30 am the bus line for 23 circled around from the bus-stop all the way down on Seymour road pass the food-delivery entrence on Welcome. I would say there was at it's worst around 80 people waiting in line on 1 station. Buses that pass by are often already full and waiting time to squeeze on a bus is terrible.

This is due to 3 things as I see it:
    1. Bus 23A was cancelled, also bus 12 station has been moved
    2. New buildings have people moving in, mainly Seymour Rd 2A, huge 34 floor building.
    3. School started

I emailed the bus company and asked them to re-instate the 23A a bus, can we help out and push the bus company?
    It might be quicker and easier to move.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using GeoClicks mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    not a really a ghetto, more like a place with higher proportional demographic of expats

That's exactly what a ghetto is

http://youtu.be/YpufzJNrZ2Y
    Last edited by jimbo; 02-09-2013 at 02:37 PM.
    superpilot likes this.

You need to send a letter to your district Councillor. He/She should be responsible for working with bus companies to increase/improve service

Glad I no longer have to deal with that--I walk to work, and if I need to get to Admiralty, I hop on the ding ding.

INXS likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast