Like Tree5Likes

Found a phone

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HKITperson:
    There is another way and that is to take the SIM card out and find out who the carrier is and take it to that store. They be able to trace the owner.
    If it's a postpaid. Not if it's a pay-as-you-go bought from 7-11 or somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    If it's a postpaid. Not if it's a pay-as-you-go bought from 7-11 or somewhere.
    Yes, that would be challenging.

Keep the phone charged and someone will call back. Or hack it, its easy, use jailbreak tools etc or this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=sVV9S17mZpw
    not sure if it works since I don't have any iphones to try it on

Given how upset my friend was to lose her phone (mainly because she seems to have lost people's phone numbers) I think most people would be really happy to get it back so your efforts are not in vain.

Quote Originally Posted by Raccon:
    If it's an iPhone 5s it's mine.

Sorry, not yours.

Hope the owner hasn't had to fork out $$$ for a new phone already then miraculously gets it back. That'll be annoying

I find it a bit strange that no one has bothered to call this number or whatsapp after a day. I suppose just wait.
    Multiple calls and messages before I found it, but looks like the owner gave up. Must have been in the taxi for a while. Shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Partridge:
    Multiple calls and messages before I found it, but looks like the owner gave up. Must have been in the taxi for a while. Shame.
    Can you not take the SIM card out and put it into another phone? That way you can answer the phone or send text back when it rings.
    Last edited by HKITperson; 17-09-2013 at 09:32 PM.
    Gruntfuttock likes this.

I don't know if iPhones do this, but on a samsung 'emergency number only' screen you can see the owner's ICE numbers (if they've set any) - does it have any ?

Can you not take the SIM card out and put it into another phone? That way you can answer the phone or send text back when it rings.
    If it doesn't have a SIM lock you could check if numbers are stored on the SIM. SIM has some limited memory for number storing too. Not sure if the iPhone will transfer numbers to the SIM though, but it's worth a try.

If it has no SIM lock you could call somebody and see the number.