Tattoo

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mootje:
    Can anyone recommend a good and clean tattooshop? If it's a good one, I don't mind paying a bit more. I heard Primal in CausewayBay is ok. Anyone tried? And what will cost a small tattoo( 3 inch by 3 inch)?

Thank you!
    Yep. Star Crossed is your best bet. Friendly staff, very clean, great shadings/colors. I was there for a piercing, and I was very happy with the cleanliness. I think it'll be about $800-$1000.

don't go to cubist. I've been there to buy jewelry, and asked about their sterilization techniques... And they said: we use alcohol. They don't have an autoclave.
    Last edited by L142sEnToSa; 28-05-2008 at 09:43 PM. Reason: addign something.

Thumbs up Boom

Star Crossed is great. I would also suggest Boom in Causeway Bay (Boom Studio)... the artist is Ken. I just got one done there.

He's a talented, no-fuss kind of guy, so if you'd rather talk than get an accurate tattoo, it's probably not the place for you. Plus it's clean, and the prices are good, which is useful if you just want a small tattoo or a plain text tattoo.

I'm going to Chili Joe in Sukhumvit Soi 13 in Bangkok for mine at the end of next month. He's just relocated there from Koh Samui and has worked on celebrities (mainly thai).

I know this doesnt help much but i thought i'd share anyway :P

P.S. I was making the trip anyway im not going specifically for the tattoo.

deleteduser
    Quote Originally Posted by bullworth:
    Star Crossed is great. I would also suggest Boom in Causeway Bay (Boom Studio)... the artist is Ken. I just got one done there.

He's a talented, no-fuss kind of guy, so if you'd rather talk than get an accurate tattoo, it's probably not the place for you. Plus it's clean, and the prices are good, which is useful if you just want a small tattoo or a plain text tattoo.
    His work looks very 'flat' with poor shading. Plus his line work is pretty sketchy in places.

Fair enough, but I was only speaking from personal experience. My sister has 3 text-only tattoos from him and they look good (and one from an artist in england which is pretty shoddy-looking). I have an outline only tattoo on my ankle which also looks good.

I only mentioned those 2 types of tattoos. If you want an 'art' piece I would definitely go to Julia at Star Crossed. That's where I went for the shaded piece.

I'm going to return to Gabe Shum for my next cover-up job - his drawings are art themselves and his tattoos come out great - he's in TST very near the Tom Lee shop....

Not been to the others but they also sound highly recommended and popular!

deleteduser

Oh yeah I forgot to mention Gabe Shum in my first reply to this thread. Probably because his website has absolutely no pictures of his work whatsoever, so it's pretty much useless in terms of initial research. I think I recall reading that he's really good at doing dragons, but I can't recall where I'd read that.

any recommendation who does a better job for japanese tattoo ie waves & flowers..

star crossed or gabe? or any others??

I just had my tattoo done at Star Crossed. I'm very happy with it! I don't know about Japanese tattoos but you can check their website or just walk in.

Star Crossed, definitely. even though you have to put the deposit down, the quality is definitely worth it. Julia will design the tattoo and will be completely honest whether or not it'll work - they really care about their clients and they do touch ups if needed, usually free of charge.

the atmosphere is great, Ross and Rob [the piercer and the tattoo apprentice] are really nice, friendly guys and you'll probably end up having a really long chat with them. XD

They have the best hygiene standards in Hong Kong as well - there are two immediate accessible sinks from where the tattoo is being done, everything is brand new and ordered straight from the UK, they even have the certificates of quality for jewellery and such.

Star Crossed ftw! (^^)