Like Tree284Likes

Super Typhoon USAGI

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 52 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 22 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tom007:
    Guys! Still enjoying the beach right now and it's business as usual :-)
    Enjoy it while it lasts....

Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    Enjoy it while it lasts....
    That's what I thought. Might be the last time :-(
    Watercooler likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    but still has potential of being once in a decade killer typhoon monster, ie, hope, ellen, etc
    Watercooler and Tom007 like this.

I can report back now on stocks of essentials at Hang Hau:

Gin: getting low, but the news is good on tonic supplies

Beer: Tsing Tsao and Asahi all but gone. Premium bottles all good.

In the non-essentials, we seem to be having an expat divide, based on the following I have some stereotypical conclusions:

1. Vegemite out. The Aussies and Kiwis have planned ahead, got the shopping done and are now at the beach having a last barbie with a few tinnies.

2. Pataks' poppadoms and Geetas Premium Mango Chutney gone, Patak's Sauces running low. The Brits are mildly concerned.

3. Frozen Triple Patty cheeseburgers fully stocked. The Americans aren't bothered, McDs will be open throughout.

Original Post Deleted
    Not when people keep dismissing typhoons as nothing more than rainy day with some wind. You can see people ignoring T8s warnings to stay indoors and and walk around, oblivious to potential dangers from flying debris. It is only a matter of time before another typhoon cause fatalities due to people ignoring the HKO warnings.

And, perhaps also a powerful typhoon that cause real damage to the city, (mind you, just because a typhoon is not "super" anymore does not mean it is "weak").
    Last edited by Watercooler; 21-09-2013 at 01:02 PM.
    INXS, Tom007 and Fiona in HKG like this.

I reckon the surfers will be out catching waves tomorrow...I drove down the TC rd hill during the last one and the scene looked like something out of Independance Day or Alien. Sky completely grey, waves moving in towards the beach in concentric circles, looming clouds fortelling doom or such. I wish I could have stopped and taken a pic. Absolutely surreal. I love surreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Natfixit:
    I reckon the surfers will be out catching waves tomorrow...I drove down the TC rd hill during the last one and the scene looked like something out of Independance Day or Alien.
    Complete idiots! Total stupidity putting their own lives and those around them at risk.

If they get into trouble then I don't see why the emergency services should rescue them.
    usehername and jaykay like this.

Anyone know what the updated landfall time predictions would be?

Oh dear Watercooler is in the house. The difference is previous ones were whimpers. Don't see anyone on here treating this one over lightly. I see airport currently due to shut 6pm Sunday. I'm due to land at 1pm.

Watercooler likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    Oh dear Watercooler is in the house. The difference is previous ones were whimpers. Don't see anyone on here treating this one over lightly. I see airport currently due to shut 6pm Sunday. I'm due to land at 1pm.
    Oh really? Maybe you have trouble reading. Wanting a day off as the primary motivation to know about a T8 is not treating a storm lightly? . I thought you said you had vast experience of typhoons based on...sorry, how many typhoons have you gone through exactly? (take it easy, only kidding).

Well aren't we all glad that you can make it to Hong Kong before the airport "shuts down". But you do realize HK airport does not "shut down", it's the airlines who decides to cancel flights. The airport stays open whatever the weather .
    Last edited by Watercooler; 21-09-2013 at 02:35 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 52 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 22 ... LastLast