Like Tree284Likes

Super Typhoon USAGI

Closed Thread
Page 25 of 52 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 33 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JBanana:
    I just looked outside my apartment to find about half the units in the apartment block across from me has gone tape crazy. It's like the windows are covered in bandages. Man they're gonna have a hard time removing all that tape. The unit next to me put up some tape then removed it for some reason and now there's X shaped sticky residue all over their windows

I have food, water, batteries, and most importantly alcohol. I am prepared for Usagi ^_^
    I haven't put up any masking tape on our windows unless they really begin to rattle in the middle of the night. You can remove the residue by using nail polish remover on it or some stuff one can buy at city super, no problem.

Wind is gearing up now outside. And the cat is curled up snoring his fat, furry head off oblivious to any commotion outside....
    Watercooler likes this.

I just went to the store and bought a 4 pack of tall San Miguel Lights.

I'm ready.

Watercooler likes this.

I got a nice leg of lamb and a large joint of beef.
    Now my biggest problem.....roast beef or lamb today? Also which wine goes better with roast? Merlot, shiraz or get an old cab out?

Last edited by Trance Omega; 22-09-2013 at 02:47 PM.
    kimwy66 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    Awesome! My beloved husband never listens to me, and decided 10 minutes ago it was time to move his precious bike back to the stupidly expensive underground carpark he has for it, on the off chance he might actually want to ride a 1000cc bike in Hong Kong traffic to work.

I told him first thing he should move it and he said 'typhoon? What typhoon?' and now it is peeing it down and he'll be soaked.
    Men!

(10 chars)

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    I got a nice leg of lamb and a large joint of beef.
    Now my biggest problem.....roast beef or lamb today? Also which wine goes better with roast? Merlot, shiraz or get an old cab out?
    Cab with beef, shiraz with lamb.

SO jealous!!!
    Watercooler and kimwy66 like this.

Just got home. My maid will have prepared well. Whatever I have to eat will be fantastic. Only job I need to do is clear drains. They blocked in the last big rains a few weeks back and although I'm not at bottom of the hill we still went downstairs to a coating of water on the floor.

Actually she can stay up all night on mop duty ha ha ! No I wouldn't be that mean

T8 will be hoisted by 7:00PM says SCMP in latest update.

Watercooler likes this.

Anyone noticed what looks like tiny white dust particles floating around in the rain? I'm on the 25th floor and am watching it outside. If I was in northern Europe I'd swear it looks like fine snow!!

Quote Originally Posted by JBanana:
    I just looked outside my apartment to find about half the units in the apartment block across from me has gone tape crazy. It's like the windows are covered in bandages. Man they're gonna have a hard time removing all that tape. The unit next to me put up some tape then removed it for some reason and now there's X shaped sticky residue all over their windows

I have food, water, batteries, and most importantly alcohol. I am prepared for Usagi ^_^
    To be honest, I am surprised by the reaction many locals have to this typhoon. Usually they won't give a shit to typhoons and just use T8 as an excuse for day off (well...most of them at least). Seems like now some of them have gone to the other extreme and is stocking up for end of the world. Why can't more people just take the middle ground? Some sensible but not far-out measures will do the trick (and everything will be fine...hopefully).

P.S-If you guys head over to the HKO site, you can just make out the eye appearing at the eastern edge of the radar screen (256 km range).
    Last edited by Watercooler; 22-09-2013 at 03:37 PM.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

No. 8 in one hour if no shift.

Closed Thread
Page 25 of 52 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 33 ... LastLast