Like Tree284Likes

Super Typhoon USAGI

Closed Thread
Page 36 of 52 FirstFirst ... 28 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 44 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by INXS:
    Who was at TST pier earlier moaning about the lack of wind? They have 89 kmh gusts right now...
    Yah, was me. Wind is indeed picking up now. I might actually go out again and see if I can film some trees and roofs flying around.
    INXS likes this.

The scaffolding on the construction site next door does not sound at all happy and the pressure is so low in the lift lobby I now have to use both hands to open the front door. Weird.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Bloody noisy. Taken a pill. Zzzzzzz

Tree down outside phase 1 of gold coast. Road blocked. Workers cutting it and removing it right now.

MovingIn07 likes this.

I remember a local colleague told me there was once a typhoon everybody thought was over but than made somewhat of a U-turn and hammered the city real good. Anybody can confirm that story and how likely is that Usagi could stay a T8 longer than just until early tomorrow morning, e.g. by moving out to the sea and gaining strength again?

Quote Originally Posted by AmyHubb:
    Tree down outside phase 1 of gold coast. Road blocked. Workers cutting it and removing it right now.
    That was not a tree, just a very large flowerpot
    AmyHubb and INXS like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dipstick:
    That was not a tree, just a very large flowerpot
    The tree (or very very very large flowerpot!) has been cleared and road is passable again!
    MovingIn07 likes this.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuremain:
    I remember a local colleague told me there was once a typhoon everybody thought was over but than made somewhat of a U-turn and hammered the city real good. Anybody can confirm that story and how likely is that Usagi could stay a T8 longer than just until early tomorrow morning, e.g. by moving out to the sea and gaining strength again?
    I believe that was Typhoon Ellen, from '83(?).

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    That's probably what he wants you to think, but the words "very dangerous cyclone" do not appear there anywhere that I can see.

I grew up on the south coast of the UK (which is by no means its windiest area) where the sort of windspeeds quoted were reasonably frequent events, and wouldn't generally stop people going about their business. When the gusts get above about 110km/h then it starts to be come a bit more unusual.
    Eh? I stated where I quoted from.

Gale Force to Storm Force northwesterly winds are blowing over Hong Kong… Winds will go on strengthening as USAGI edges closer… Wind speed may reach Hurricane Force briefly over parts of the territory if the cyclone moves within 100 km of Hong Kong… Wind direction will become southwest tomorrow morning after USAGI moves past the longitude of Hong Kong… Please take necessary measures to prevent loss IMMEDIATELY… USAGI is a very dangerous cyclone…
    Eh? I stated where I quoted from.
    I guess the typhoon has blown away your attribution before the post reaches my computer?

Closed Thread
Page 36 of 52 FirstFirst ... 28 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 44 ... LastLast