Like Tree284Likes

Super Typhoon USAGI

Closed Thread
Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 44 49 50 51 52 53 54 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by closedcasket:
    I guess this is Geo so we'll argue about that for pages...

With you on these boards for sure :-D

Btw Koen can explain himself :-D

Sent from my GT-I9210 using GeoClicks mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Bombastic:
    For HK, Usagi felt more like more like a typhoon of disappointments
    Speak for yourself. Some of us were EXTREMELY relieved it did that little jog to the north. A tiny movement in the scheme of such a large storm yet a HUGE impact for those of us living on the ocean. And a real problem for the place it did hit, spare a thought for them while gloating about how easy HK had it.
    Fiona in HKG likes this.

You didn't read the hype obviously "super storm", "1000 kilometers wide", "worst for 38years" even the BBC "it will drop three times the annual rainfall of GB on Taiwan in one go"........blah blah. Obviously a slow week for news even at the end of the silly season. This hype was spread world wide. Not even the "worst storm in 2013 in the region".

I thought it was possible using infra red or whatever to actualy see how much water was in a storm system? Nasa stated that we dont have any weather drones so it was impossible to accurately say what exactly was going on up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombastic:
    For HK, Usagi felt more like more like a typhoon of disappointments
    That's true. I was looking forward to it.

Others, "Usagi the most powerful storm on Earth" then later "Usagi the most powerful storm on Earth for 2013" ha ha ha

USAGI.......... It was like pass the message game it got more ridiculous and dramatic the further the news spread across the globe. For me rather alarming given that when a biggy realy does hit we wont know it at all?

Last edited by Koen; 25-09-2013 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koen:
    Others, "Usagi the most powerful storm on Earth" then later "Usagi the most powerful storm on Earth for 2013" ha ha ha

USAGI.......... It was like pass the message game it got more ridiculous and dramatic the further the news spread across the globe. For me rather alarming given that when a biggy realy does hit we wont know it at all?
    I gather you pretty thick, less look at the meteorological stats for in depth analysis whether u talk crap and don't know nothing about weather, hence, why all the media rated this storm as a potential killer, THUS, this is not overhyped crap which you talking about as it killed twenty odd people!

usage rated category 5 by tropical storm risk less than 48 hr before skirting to HK, more importantly, lowest millibar pressure was at 910 which is extremely low, btw, the lowest ever was at 870, this one typhoon tip killed 99, normal average millibar is 1013.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typhoon_Usagi_(2013)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...yclone_records

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typhoon_Vicente_(2012)

btw, the typhoon Vicente ( rated category 4 by tropical storm risk) was a T10 last year in july and lowest millibar was at 950 millibar

one of the most destructive and deadliest typhoon was 1975 typhoon nina, which measured lowest millibar at 900, killed 300,000 people in china and Taiwan.
    Last edited by imparanoic; 25-09-2013 at 10:50 AM.
    richteralan and Watercooler like this.

Koen and CC are not thick, they are just playing this silly Geo game of trying to push the argument again and again and again.

when one post, the other one support his post and vice versa.

Kids do that all the time. Don't get fooled and move on people. I've seen it times and again on these boards...used to be Thebrit and DG, now apparently we have Koen and CC.

Imparanoic is English your first language? Those paragraphs are a mangled mess. What do they mean? English isn't my first language either so Im only politely asking here. (:

I wouldn't trust wikipedia, only for dates that are very easily cross referenced the rest is also a mangled mess. I know I worked on a few entries, politics ,agendas every kind of nonsense often clouds the truth. You can't always tell.

As far as the storm is concerned I was here, it was close enough to Hong Kong to (according to the hype) completely shred us but nothing nothing at all.

Last edited by Koen; 25-09-2013 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koen:
    Imparanoic is English your first language? Those paragraphs are a mangled mess. What do they mean? English isn't my first language either so Im only politely asking here. (:

I wouldn't trust wikipedia, only for dates that are very easily cross referenced the rest is also a mangled mess. I know I worked on a few entries, politics ,agendas every kind of nonsense oten clouds the truth. You can't always tell.

As far as the storm is concerned I was here, it was close enough to Hong Kong to (according to the hype) completely shred us but nothing nothing at all.
    yes, it is, it's office hours, hence, a quick type not an essay, BTW, I don't need you to judge on my standard of English as the judge of proficiency of English language are my high profile clients, but what I do know is that you talk crap
    jimbo likes this.

No need to be touchy, as I said Im not judging you just trying to read your sentences (:

Ah it's turned into a brilliant day pity you are working. I've taken a week or two off thought it would rain non stop because of the 1000kilometer radius typhoon, but even the rain vanished in the blink of an eye YIPEEE!